A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riverside Audi and Carson Heter...non-paid endorsement

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riverside Audi and Carson Heter...non-paid endorsement

I hollered at Carson obviously not knowing what to expect and found him _very_ responsive and as pleased as one could be with dealer pricing for trim pieces and stuff. Placed my order yesterday and I should have everything early next week. Give him a shout.

Mark
Old 06-15-2007, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I ordered a tail light for my A6 and canceled my order. Carson was nice, but did not push an issue..

.... that I feel should have been.

So I ordered it from a local dealer, paid more and they made me happy.

More on this in a few.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The story:

So. I broke a tail light on my A6 the evening it was posted that riverside was a AW advertiser, so I figured I would give them a shot.

Called up Carson early Wednesday morning and explained I needed this FOR THE WEEKEND. He said, I will have it tomorrow, and ship it out and you are only a day away, so you will have it on Friday.

Perfect, placed the order, I was happy.

Was.

I never got a tracking number Thursday, as I was told I would. Hmm. I was too busy to check later in the day as I was not in the office until later.

I get a phone call from Carson at sometime between 3-3:30PM. He left a message, which I got around 3:30-3:45.

To summarize:
He had my tail light in front of him, but could not ship it because riversides UPS account got canceled because the bill want not paid in time.

WTF does this have to do with me, what was going through my head.

Now I was in management for the last 15 years, life is not that hard to figure out.

Easiest solution:
Go the fu*k to UPS and pay it with cash.

Did that happen no. Why? because he said they sent payment overnight and it would be cleared up on Friday morning and he would ship it then. I said, well UPS does not normally drop off things on Saturday unless they are expedited shipping. So I said you would have to ship it next day air so I could have it on Saturday (which I lowered my expectation to).

He said he would see what he can do.

argh. You don't tell a customer you are trying to build a relationship "I will see what I can do" I said, ok, see what you can do and call me in the AM as soon as you know. If you can't make this happen, you tell me who I need to talk to.

Now, I know it is NOT Carsons fault, but he really needs to take a proactive roll if he wants to keep AW people happy. He can't be calling me at 3 fu*king PM to tell me it's too late for UPS to pick anything up anymore today. He needed to become a problem solver, not trying to make me feel bad for riverside because they flaked off on a important bill!

I even said to Carson since he was telling me internal business BS, "carson, ship this next day air to me Friday, and use it as a reason to get the payments straightened out". He told me, "I have been telling them to give me a credit card so this would not happen again", expressing this is a typical issue.

I really tried to make this work, but called my Local dealer, they said they would have it Saturday morning, and I was sold.

Take this for what you will, but someone messed up, and it was not me. I need to travel with the A6 this weekend, now I regret not calling my local dealer Wednesday, I instead wasted a day waiting for nothing.

my 2cents,
Old 06-15-2007, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default heh, I just noticed the riverside AW banner says free shipping to NY NJ CT.

When we were talking about still getting it to me today, he said that he could ship it if I paid for the shipping, so I said, whatever but wasn't the shipping included? He said no.

Hmm, that does not sound like free shipping.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for pointing that out Dan.

I'll have to mention that to the higher-ups. FWIW that applies to new car deliveries. The whole internet parts sales thing is a new venture that I'm totally responsible for starting at Riverside. I'm helping out as best as I possibly can given the resources at my disposal.

Not one month ago, the only thing Riverside was interested in selling on AW was new cars. I've changed that, and I'm offering some very competitive pricing compared to other internet Audi OEM parts vendors.

I really wish I could have done better for you Dan. FWIW our UPS account came right back at the end of the day on Friday and I have had no problems since then. I'll agree that things have to change, and I'm working my hardest to change them, but I'm only one man and I'm not that high on the totem pole. I'm not even getting commission yet. I'm pretty much a one man operation here, helping the AW customers and having to deal with the shop technicians and the wholesale accounts all at the same time. It sucks that you were the only person that was affected by the shipping dilemma that we had. If it makes any difference, I'll make it up to you somehow if you want to try us one more time.

Best wishes,

Carson
Old 06-19-2007, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Email me...

... a price for the driver side so it will look new like my passenger side and we will talk.

Cheers,
Dan