A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough running / stalling after new alternator 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed fuel pump

You may have read my earlier threads Rough running / stalling after new alternator 2, Well the car is fixed now that I am back on my feet (broken foot) I was ably to by the fuel pump only on ebay a little over $200 from a place in England. It is the correct part made by VDO. I would say the install was not easy as the connection in the tank is blind. I was ably to see the connection with my bore-scope placing it into the left side access to the tank. I have read allot about this repair and the issue of the inter tank connection. I drained as much fuel from the tank before I started the install and then put about 4 gallons of fuel back in, The car would start and run rough and then stall. I then put another 4 gallons in and it ran fine.So I pulled about 5 gallons back out looked at the connection again with my bore-scope and it looked right?? so I loosened the pump and wiggled it around, tightened it back up with about 1/4 tank and it ran fine. I think I now have it right, Can any one tell me the level the fuel would be for the car to starve for fuel if the connection is not right?

By the way thanks for the input on may earlier threads.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:19 AM
Eda
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had same problem with reman alt... the internal regulator doesn't agree with the ecu. i got another reman piece but with oem regulator and it runs perfectly