A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S8 is Back

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S8 is Back

Picked up my car from the shop this morning. My week in purga... umm, with the Dodge Avenger rental car is done for. The shop (Mile One Collision Works in Beltsville, MD) did a great job on the repairs. Basically the rocker panel, both driver's side door sills, refurbished front wheel and new tire and an alignment. I feel bad now because the other three wheels have some curb rash on them; eventually I'll have to get them refinished to match, but no big deal for now.

For those in the MD/DC/VA area, even though they did perfect work, I don't know that I'd recommend them. The communication factor was lousy. I had to call them to find out what was going on, and when they said they'd call back by close-of-business, I wouldn't hear from them until the next morning ... either when I was dead asleep or at a number I wasn't at (calls to home when I'm at work, and vice versa). I thought to ask them about repainting my rear bumper, but not anymore. I'm definitely looking forward to the ACNA meet at Wagonworks next weekend, hoping that they do much better at sending smoke signals.

Will post some picts tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Glad to hear you're pleased w/ the work- maybe the slight aggravation was worth it?

Sure hope so. Your story doesn't sound at all uncommon for a body repair shop- I've found the best ones do great work but they don't have the keenest business skills. Personally, I'd rather have your outcome than someone who does the job on time but requires endless rework.

Been there and done that too!
Old 10-18-2007, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Mile One? Affiliated with Tischer by chance? Good communication is from a bygone era Olu

and I don't expect it. I *do* expect good work so looks like Mile One is a wiener which I hope to never need.

Mark
Old 10-18-2007, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Mile One? Affiliated with Tischer by chance?

Yep, you got it. They actually used to be a mom & pop independent business many moons ago, but fell under Republic control; the Jedi were unable to prevent it. But still, the car and repairs look great. I even asked the receptionists if there was a chance I could keep the old wheel and tire, but was told they usually do a core exchange on the wheels, but that my rep could come up front to let me know. They rang her. I still haven't met her yet.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Glad to hear you're pleased w/ the work

Yes, I can see your point, as I don't want to have to make countless revisits. My rep was nothing to write home about, but "The Guys in the Back Room" did good. I normally use tire dressing, and when I brought the car to them she was clean and pretty. They actually put dressing on the new tire so it'd match the others, and they washed the car. Nice touch, that. But that's why it's so sad that good deeds like that are very nearly laid to waste by crappy communication from the rep., especially when past experiences with them involved lots of two way chatter. Anyhoo, they fixed her up very well.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Like thay say, All's well that ends well! It could have been much worse.