A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seattle Area Owners: Please rate your Seattle Area Dealer/Service Experiences on a Scale of 1-10.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2000, 09:02 AM
mm
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seattle Area Owners: Please rate your Seattle Area Dealer/Service Experiences on a Scale of 1-10.

I'll be ordering my Audi soon and am trying to better understand the pros and cons between Barrier and University in the Seattle area.

University seems to offer the better sales deals, but their service department has not had a good reputation in the past, although it may have improved recently.

Barrier is more "high-end" and sells cars at more of a premium, but perhaps their service is a little better and more consistent, or perhaps not.

I'd appreciate any feedback or owner experiences regarding these two dealers. Also how would you rate them 1-10 overall with regard to:

Sales Negotiations and Sale Price
Sales Department Customer Service and Satisfaction
Service Quality/Reliability/Attention to Detail
Service Department Customer Service and Satisfaction
Service Department Willingness to Service Cars Purchased Elsewhere

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-16-2000, 06:44 AM

Default Re: Seattle Area Owners: Please rate your Seattle Area Dealer/Service Experiences on a Scale of 1-10

Send me your email address and I'll tell you what I think. (I don't want to post my opinion in public as I do business with both.)
Old 08-16-2000, 04:59 PM

Default Please rate your Seattle Area Dealer/Service

Bought 2000 A8 from University in January.

1 to 10
Sales Negotiations and Sale Price 8
Sales Department Customer Service and Satisfaction 8
Service Quality/Reliability/Attention to Detail 8
Service Department Customer Service and Satisfaction 9
Service Department Willingness to Service Cars Purchased Elsewhere No idea.

University sold me a lemon A6 4.2 that leaked water all the time. I played hell getting them to buy it back but they finally did. Other than that they have been great to me. The service department especially has been great. Talk to John Savo in service if you need help.
Old 08-25-2000, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Barrier review...

This is a review covering three Audis and two Porsches, all brought to Barrier for service and none purchased at Barrier. With the exception of dropping a wrench (!) on the back of our C4S and putting a dent there (they paid to get it fixed), they've treated us pretty decently. Since moving back to Chicago, the difference between a decent dealership (Barrier) and an outstanding dealership (Exchange in Chicago) has become very apparent.

Sales Negotiations and Sale Price (unknown)
Sales Department Customer Service and Satisfaction (unknown)
Service Quality/Reliability/Attention to Detail 7 (4 if you include the wrench incident)
Service Department Customer Service and Satisfaction 7
Service Department Willingness to Service Cars Purchased Elsewhere 10