A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snow In Southern Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow In Southern Indiana

I live about 125 miles south of Indy and we are experiencing a nice winter storm if about a foot of snow is nice. Purchased my 2001 A8L in mid October so this is my first experince in snow with it. Needless to say, I am very pleased with its' stability in the slick stuff. It just feels so stable. I am already spoiled by the ride and comfort in the dry. It was at the dealers a couple of times already once they replaced the cowl drains under the air box (gave me a Passat to drive). The next time was for a climate control problem (gave me a new 2004 A6 with 6 cylinder to drive). Both loaners were nice vehicles but they just don't compare to the fabulous A8. Hope the rest of you are as spoiled as I am. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-23-2004, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

What dealer is this? Sounds like a place us locals (I'm in Indy) should go to!
Old 12-23-2004, 12:33 PM

Default Re: What dealer is this? Sounds like a place us locals (I'm in Indy) should go to!

It is D-Patrick Motoplex located in Evansville. My 2001 A8L had 38,000+ on it when I bought it in Naperville, IL. When I drove it home I found out the cowl drains were plugged. Made an appointment to get it worked on and took it in. They worked on it for a few hours and got the center drain unstopped but were not happy with it. So they ordered a new one and said they did not want me driving the car until it was fixed. This was when they gave me the Passat to drive. Had to return for more service when the vents would not put out any air. My wife told them she wanted the Passat again, but they said they wanted her to have the A6 because it was closer to what we have (not really) but still a nice substitute. Noticed for non-warranty work they charge $85.00/hr., is this about normal? From talking to the service manager I don't think they work on many A8's because I seem to know more about the cowl drains and evaporator drains than they did. When I got the car home, I took the passenger side console cover off and found the orange drain dis-connected from the evap. unit. Thanks Audiworld forum!