A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport seats for your A8: get 'em while they're hot!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport seats for your A8: get 'em while they're hot!

I just had email from Recaro North America about making seats to match our interiors. The guy's name is Uli, so we know we can trust him with our cars, ja? They're game and are contacting Audi Germany about getting an exact match on our colors. Below is the text of my original post a couple of days ago, and a link for the seat we're looking at (it's the exact seat that Recaro supplies to Audi for the S4/S6). So far there are two of us ordering. Anyone else who might be interested should drop me an email now -- the more sets we're ordering, the better the price will be. As PaulW notes, we'll lose our side airbags -- but on the other hand, we won't be having accidents caused by sliding around in these laundry baskets under hard cornering!

"There are more of us who want better seats for our 8's than there are wrecked S8's out there. I'm talking to Recaro North America about making a batch order for seats to fit our cars in our interior colors. Obviously, the more seats we want, the better the price will be. Range will be somewhere between $1000 and $1500 per seat, probably pretty close to the middle, but stand by for more accurate updates.

If you're interested, please email me with model year and interior color asap. I'm thinking mechanical seats so we lose the weight (and maintenance) of all the electrical gimcrackery. Tell me in your email if you agree or not. This is (obviously) not a commitment to purchase; I'd just like to be able to tell them how many sets they could potentially sell us if they'd get the right leather(s) together.

The seat that's been recommended for our cars is linked below. It's sporty, substantial enough to be at home in the 8, and has that adjustable thigh support we envy when we eyeball the D3s.

I'll probably re-post this a time or two to make sure I get everyone, so bear with me. "<ul><li><a href="http://on-trackperformance.com/recaro_style.htm">http://on-trackperformance.com/recaro_style.htm</a</li></ul>