A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank God for Audi Assured...what a deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank God for Audi Assured...what a deal!!!

I took my car in two days ago to have them look at my suspension, which I was hearing popping sounds when I would drive on rough roads. I also had a broken armrest and the pump for my door locks was weak causing the doors to have slow lock and unlocking. Surprised as I was they replaced all four lower control arms and the sway bar, plus repaired a hole in the vacuum line. I was not sure if the one, bad control arm would be covered by Audi Assurance but to my delight they replaced all four. The service rep that I talked to told me that the parts alone where over a $1000. They also looked at the oil leak that I found and posted here on the forum a while back but couldn't find any leaks. So to sum it up, Audi Assurance has paid off for me.

Here is list of repairs under the Audi Assurance warranty:
§ New Transmission control module (x2)
§ New transmission
§ New oil pan
§ New control arm (x 4)
§ New sway bar
§ New rear sunshade motor
§ New rear air bag seat sensor
§ New rear seat heating element
§ New right side door modeling (painted part)
§ New drivers side lower door molding (black part)
§ New plastic coolant reservoir
§ New door lock vacuum line

All this for a car that I have only had since February 2003. Amazing isn't it and I am afraid to think how much the total for all this work (parts and labor) would have come to. This dealership calls you about a week after you get your car back to ask if every thing is still working and how your experience was working with there service department. Now I think this is a AoA run operation but it is defiantly not directly officiated with this dealership. When they called after the transmission ordeal the lady told me the bill was over $18,000 for the transmission, express shipping from Germany, a week of diagnostics with AoA engineers and includes the two control modules that they tried first. Now who knows how much the other stuff costs.

The irony of this story is the dealer easily has more invested in this car then what I paid total for the car. I just hope this is the end of the massive repairs because Audi Assured is up in November.

G. Hart
Old 08-13-2003, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

wow, audi assured save your butt, lol
Old 08-13-2003, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default If you've had the car since February, how is assured up in....

November?
Old 08-13-2003, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: If you've had the car since February, how is assured up in....

It is a 98'and I got it with 50k on it.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default the dealer has nothing invested. all those costs come out of Audi's pocket!

he made money on the sale, and all the repairs. they love you. keep bringing the car in, they'll find more things wrong until the warranty runs out.