A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of you remembering the Acadia conversations here.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For those of you remembering the Acadia conversations here.....

he's busy in the S4 Forum now beating up the new B6 S4.......course, from the threads so far, it looks like the guys and girls in there agree with him a lot more
Old 09-18-2002, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default At least he's found and audience for his wordy and

somewhat obtuse ramblings;-) He seems to like playing the troll. Just proves everyone has a place in the world.
Old 09-18-2002, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everyone has a place in the world...

Seems like many of the folks on the A4 and S4 forums are from another planet! Or are we here all just old? :-))
Old 09-18-2002, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I'm not so sure very many of them actually own the cars they claim to have.

Some most certainly do, but some others.....

You know what made me feel most old ? When I sold a car, I needed to make a copy of the driver's license. I'd check the date to make sure they were old enough to sign a contract, and then realize that my youngest brother ( 8 years younger ) was older than the customer ! He's still a kid !!!!
Old 09-18-2002, 01:15 PM

Default He's changed his tune. Before the press release,his position was that the B6 will dominate the RS4.

"Posted by acadia on 2002-08-05 09:27:55
This is to answer your question on the, what's the big deal about new B6 S4. Considering your RS4'd B4 can take it, and I say ney ... this post is based on speculative reports on performance for B6 S4 as mentioned by Mike S, and a few reliable sources.

I doubt B5 S4 with RS4'd parts will simply beat the new B6 S4, does your car do 0-60 in 4.5 secs and ¼ in 13 flat? These are rumored numbers for a stock new B6 S4. Are you pulling these kind of numbers? Not to mention once you get into free way speeds 100+ mph while the turbos are choking so they don't over spin, and your limit of 2.7 litres of airs isn't sufficient any longer, the 4.2 litres of V8 will be able to chugg right along and will rev higher. In the end it's why the 4.2 engine has higher top end then your 2.7tt the turbo's. Now, if you could get your 2.7tt to rev as high as the 4.2 well then it would be a different story but then it would be a wholly more expensive 2.7tt now wouldn't it. Speaking of expense, consider the amount of money you spent on getting your 43K S4 to stage 3, you've spent almost 50K in the end, the new S4 is rumored to be priced between 43 - 47K with out any options, optioned out, you might hit 50K, ... the same price as what you ultimately spent, and you may or may not approach the prowess of the new S4, if rumored numbers of 4.5 sec 0-60, ¼ mile in 13 flat.

There are only few S4's around that do those kind of numbers, and they are all KO4'd from my understanding, so in order for you to approach those numbers, you'll need to be KO4'd , and that's another few grand, imagine if that is spent on super charger for New S4, who do you think will have the upper hand. In addition, your car is not lighter than the new S4, going by mike S's insider info, and this guy has been on point with every Audi Release he's cared to mention, the new S4 will have extensive use of aluminum. In fact the Aluminum V8 block although slightly heavier than the current S4 Iron block by 40lbs, is lighter than the current S4 block + turbo plumbing. Furthermore, Mike S said the hood, rear deck and many other points will be Aluminum on new S4, and the car will come in at roughly 3500 lbs, so it will in fact be lighter than the current S4. Considering, Audi's extensive use of Aluminum in the future, I find all these appointments to be rather plausible. Furthermore, Mike hasn't steered me wrong thus far, he even mentioned the new V8 4.2 with chain driven motor and shortening by a good 3 months before Audi officially posted this engine to be used in new All Road and New S4 a few months ago, Mike specifically mentioned the engine being changed to chain and the chain being moved to the back side of the motor. My point this guy knows his stuff.

He said, 3500lbs, 360+ HP, 4.5 0-60 , 13 flat ¼, and this is stock ... so your MTM stage 3 (non K04'd) will be hard pressed to meet these numbers. So, in short, that's the big deal, why everyone is so excited about B6 S4."

He must be a democrat. <ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/911048.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/911048.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 09-18-2002, 03:26 PM

Default That's nothing...

.. you hand over your drivers license (to some one who could be your kid) for the mandatory age check and the young whipper snapper goes 'Oh!... You don't look that old." Yeah yeah thanks ... I think.
To keep it Audi related -- I stopped by my dealer today on the way home to see how the BMW 745's were selling (Wagner does Audi, BMW, Jaguar, and Mercedes). They are not selling well. They had almost as many on the lot as they had sold all year. Part of the low sales figures is definitely due to the continued slide after the dot-com meltdown, but part of it is also due to ... well ... you know .... My sales guy (currently selling Jag's) and I both agreed that the A8 is one of the best-kept secrets in the auto world. The new Jag XJR (he had big pictures) is looking sweet as well. Unfortunately someone I know in the biz who shall remain nameless commented "Yeah, I love the way the current one looks as well -- too bad its lines are spoiled by the tow truck that is constantly hooked up to the front of it." OUCH!!
Old 09-18-2002, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Hey, I can admit when I'm wrong, audi didn't do that engine justice!!!
Old 09-18-2002, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh yeah, I'm independent, republicans and democrats both want to f*ck u

republicans want f*ck for money, and then tell you how much it's going help u make money

democrats want f*ck u, and tell you how good it is for ur well being

So in the end, u just get f*cked and left broke
Old 09-18-2002, 03:48 PM

Wait for the B6 RS4.
Old 09-18-2002, 05:11 PM

Way to go! (He's back! :-))

Quick Reply: For those of you remembering the Acadia conversations here.....