A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thumbs up for Pro-Imports in Maryland. A plesant experience with the shop.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thumbs up for Pro-Imports in Maryland. A plesant experience with the shop.

I drove 80 miles to pro-imports after some research, deciding that they are a reliable/respectable establishment. I had them work on my 98 A8, it was time for the timing belt; I wasn't about to pay 2000+ at HBL or Audi of Alexandria for the same work.... probably less work at the dealership.

I am happy with the way I was treated, the workmanship, and the facility. Sou, Dan and the staff were friendly and informative.

I'd recommend Pro-Imports to my fellow A8 owners. FYI, I was quoted $1300-ish for the "timing belt work" which included everything... and they were pretty much right on it.

The additions of 6% shop fee AND 6% hazmat fee (equalling 12% of the price) seemed a bit high, but the information was posted clearly in the office and the waiting area. Although, it may not be available to everyone/every repair, with a such "big money" work, they provided me with the rental car through enterprise.

I wish they were closer to me, but that's what I get for living in the cow-tipping area, lol.

A8 owners living in VA/MD/DC/WV area should definately consider Pro-Imports for A8 maintence and repairs.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Thumbs up for Pro-Imports in Maryland. A plesant experience with the shop.

They told me another A8 was in for timing belt last week; must've been you (I picked mine up on Friday Afternoon). I've been going to them for a couple years now and they have always done good work.