A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update from my Audi Advocate (should be renamed to Audi Idiot)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Update from my Audi Advocate (should be renamed to Audi Idiot)

1) She said that there is no information to support or deny an MMI software or hardware upgrade to fully integrate the V60i phone to the 2004 or 2005 A8L.

2) She said that there is no information to support or deny an MMI upgrade to fully integrate Phatnoise to the 2004 or 2005 A8L.

3) She said that while the Audiusa.com website still says that XM Satellite will be available at the end of 2003, there is still no concrete timeframe when it will be integrated to the MMI only that the Engineers are "working on it". I told her of DrGallo's post and she claimed that there is no record of a Summer 2004 release for Satellite radio.

I expressed my disappointment that the Audi Advocate is simply a sounding board to make the owners of a $70K+ automobile feel better because they voiced their concerns with "someone at AoA." I then went on to ask if there was someone who knew the answers to my above questions and got the same responses.

I thought an "advocate" was supposed to be one of three things (according to Dictionary.com):

1. One that argues for a cause; a supporter or defender: an advocate of civil rights.

2. One that pleads in another's behalf; an intercessor: advocates for abused children and spouses.

3. A lawyer.

I'm done.

-P
Old 01-05-2004, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Darn....at leat the Bently will be out this year (we hope)

If so, maybe we can solve some of these problems ourselves!

Too bad we can't get Audi to give us the blue prints, we could solve it ourselves.

Heck, after figuring out HTML (which is not very hard) myself....I figure I could start writing code for something like a MMI system if I only had the base code!

pw
Old 01-05-2004, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You need to see my carplayer.com software

It integrated the use of the XM PCR for the computer into a great menu driven touchscreen. I think we need to get some source on MMI.. dosent it run on Windows CE?
Old 01-05-2004, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default How bout just install a Tablet PC:

Whilst still in the midst of configuring my Nav+ unit (which is challenging to say the least,) how long will it be before you have windoze controlling mp3's, navigation, in car email, web surfing, phones, dvd's, xm radio, hvac and who knows what else. May be a trip to the dark side but could also make integration whay easier IME. Could have a large seeable / usable touch screen too.<ul><li><a href="http://www.necsolutions-am.com/mobilesolutions/products/Versa/litepad/LitePad_ds.pdf">Like this PC perhaps?</a></li></ul>
Old 01-05-2004, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default anybody know programmers at SuSe?

suse is a linux company based in germany,... audi is in germany,.... programmers love cars,... come on, let's make a love connection and solve this.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default There apparently is no information to support or deny that these advocates

are advocating for US! BTW, by virtue of definition #3, I will advocate for you! Pots, is this what they mean by a "love-hate" relationship?
Old 01-05-2004, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Buybeach is considering the post as well. :-)
Old 01-05-2004, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i thought about that but i cannot fit a tablet pc in the dash :)

I am using a 7 inch touchscreen.. if i EVER get the dash from germany i will be done.. its all ready to go..
Old 01-05-2004, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which part?
Old 01-05-2004, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Advocate for abused Audi children and spouses... lol

Quick Reply: Update from my Audi Advocate (should be renamed to Audi Idiot)