A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How durable is that CF wrap? What is your typical turnaround time for interior pieces?
Old 02-10-2016, 05:54 PM
Former Vendor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Oops, forgot to include that bit of info.

Turn around time is typically 2 days after receiving the parts. I usually schedule the parts into my schedule to make sure I am able to work on them the same day or at the latest the very next day of receiving the parts. The extra day is to just make sure everything is holding up properly before shipping them back to you.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great, thanks Don!
Old 02-16-2016, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JohnnyJ A6Q
I had this with Lincoln and Cadillac some years back when I had the Dealership, and I have seen it recently on some bimmers and others of any color, I have heard and been told that it has to do with the windshield washer fluid, at first I was like "okay sure", but then I noticed it was only on the roofs and sometimes lightly on the trunk lid, and the roof would start to peel right where the sprayers sprayed.

So you never know.....

I suppose that could be possible, but I would probably venture and say those guys are probably just coming up with random assumptions or guesses.

Some of the cars that I have had come in had their entire hoods and roofs oxidized in the same manner, which would lead me to more likely think its simply a paint issue.

Either way, if it is fading from something as simple as windshield washer fluid or just poor paint material selection, it is kind of a crummy situation either way, especially since these cars are not that old at all.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:56 AM
Former Vendor

There are Audi owners who prefer chrome on their cars, but there are some Audi owners who would prefer to have the chrome / brushed aluminum window trims on their cars to be black instead. Luckily, there’s the option of vinyl, which is a fairly straight forward easy process to put on, but just as easy to remove or reverse the process if you ever decide to go back to the factory chrome window trim.

For this blue Audi S5 coupe, I went with my gloss black vinyl finish on the chrome window trim pieces, to give it a factory look and to also match the already gloss black wheels that the car had. From a distance, it is harder to tell in pictures if it is matte or gloss black, but in some of the pictures that are closer up, it becomes more noticeable. The owner of this car was from Corona and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl car wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com