A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02510 - Steering Column Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DUDE!!! The basic setting worked for mine! I have had the car for over a year and a half...and the whole time i havent adjusted the wheel! Now it functions like new again!!!!!

I was so close to spending the money on a new part too!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2014, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dripppps
DUDE!!! The basic setting worked for mine! I have had the car for over a year and a half...and the whole time i havent adjusted the wheel! Now it functions like new again!!!!!

Glad it worked out. On the TSB for the steering column inop, the basic setting is the first step in the process of diagnosing the problem. Unfortunately, there were no documentation on the basic setting procedure. I'm glad we could figure this out as a group.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dripppps

That's good to hear, happy to have helped. The feeling of watching it work again is great indeed.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry for the late reply Stefman. Sadly I never resolved the issue, I never knew about this basic setting procedure, but I wish I did as I lost a lot of money on the car when I sold it because of the fault (though the fault wasn't the reason I sold it) !

But its good there seems to be a working solution for the issue. Hopefully the thread will serve as a place of reference. I knew the issue wasn't serious as until it stopped working, it worked fine.

Originally Posted by Stefman
Hello,

I`m having this same issue, same error code in VCDS. Unable to adjust the position of the wheel, and this sucks because it's stuck in the opposite of how I normally set it.

Unfortunately, I think I've caused this myself... Don't ask why, but the round adjustment button was pressed while starting the car. I think this must have burned something...?

Have checked all the fuses on both sides of the car... all ok. The fuses at the rear I haven't checked yet.

@suj85; How was your issue solved?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Steering column adjustment switch A6 C6

Sounds like I may have same or similar issue. Electric steering wheel adjustment working fine 2 days ago. Picked up from workshop today and the wheel telescopes in and out but is now stuck in the 'up' (entry/exit) position. Cannot adjust manually via switch or with memory position. Is it a broken motor or a software issue?
Old 01-09-2015, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MJA_AussieA6
Sounds like I may have same or similar issue. Electric steering wheel adjustment working fine 2 days ago. Picked up from workshop today and the wheel telescopes in and out but is now stuck in the 'up' (entry/exit) position. Cannot adjust manually via switch or with memory position. Is it a broken motor or a software issue?
Typically if the basic setting is out of wack, you cannot move it in any way. If you have VCDS, I would run the basic setting procedure to see if it cures it. That is the first step in any diagnostics for steering column adjustments.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

got the same problem with mine today. car had stod like for 1-2 hours while my nephew was on go-cart pratice. got back in my car and .. nada.. luckily i have vcds and can do my own troubleshooting... read out the fault codes, not able to reset, but did a quick google search that lead me directly to this thead. amazing.. it worked. thx
Old 09-12-2015, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That is what I love abut this community. I have learned and fixed so much with the help of everyone here.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default It works :)

Originally Posted by Stefman
Well, good news for me...

I have ran the basic setting for 09 - Central Electric, and it works again! The fault code is no longer present and adjustment is working perfectly.

For anyone running into this issue; I would recomend running the basic setting first.

So happy I didn't order the collumn yet

youre a fu...ing legend thank bro
ive done the same gone in to 09 electronic ctrl electronics
04 basic setings
and coding 01
mine said blocked instead of actived
when i pressed adjust stering colums started moving in and out but still blocked
ive tried that couple more times still nathing
but while holding control on side of stering wheel down and adjust on my lounch x431 master it started moving down
now it says active and everything is back to normal

Sweet
Old 03-02-2024, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TSHong
Well, my steering column adjustment has been down for a while now as well. I knew a few members here and done the Basic setting for (09) but I could never find any documentation on what to do. I've been in (09) basic settings before but could not figure it out how to do it.

With some inspiration here with this thread, I thought I would give it another go. Not sure if this is correct but this is how I got mine to work. I went into control Module 09 Cent Electric and went to basic setting. For channel 1, hit go. Then on the next screen, located on the top there is a on/off button. Hit the on/off button and the column will go in, out, up, and down. Once this is measured, it started working. Now you have to wait since between range measurements, like 5 seconds between each movement. I did not realize this delay so I had to do it several times and I finally figured it out. Hope this helps.
Man... This fixed mine too 😁😁

Quick Reply: 02510 - Steering Column Adjustment