A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are the '05 A8L's out yet in the states? Does anyone have a definitive answer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Are the '05 A8L's out yet in the states? Does anyone have a definitive answer?
Old 06-21-2004, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pots, orders have been taken but none have arrived as of yet.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was told mine just left the factory and is on a boat en route to USA
Old 06-22-2004, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm real curious to see if the phone is fully integrated and if the XM is working. If it is, Audi..

is going to have a mess on their hands.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:58 AM

Default In one of my many conversations w/ Audi corporate lately...

... I asked about XM radio availability for '04 models and was told that late summer availability was "optimistic." If I were a betting man, I'd wager that it's never available for '04s.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I've got to believe that if both the full phone integration and XM are available on the '05 model...

then Audi has to make available some kind of retro-fit kit.

Bottom Line: If the '05 has it, I will have it on my '04 one way or another.

Didn't MB have some kind of buyback because of a certain technology they promised and never delivered on? I thought it was w/ the E-class and had something to do with the integrated phone or navigation. I might be wrong though.

-P
Old 06-22-2004, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Audi are you listening ?? ...

... Do the words: "class action suit" have any meaning to you ?

I've often thought about all of the bad publicity that Audi has engendered by sitting on their hands on these issues. How many times are we A8L drivers asked by others (read- other prospective buyers), "do you like your car"? Forget about the real clincher: "would you buy another one ??".

Bad publicity and owner dis-loyalty can not help Audi sell their "flagship". It may be time for us to raise the volume a bit, especially if the '05's come into our harbors with working phones and XM systems. Plain and simple- we '04 A8L owners have been lied to, and deceived.

Mad as hell in Hackensack....
Old 06-22-2004, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Pots, orders have been taken but none have arrived as of yet.

I was told that mine would arrive at a west coast port on July 8. It's not an L, though, but a SWB. Incidentally, BMW refers to its two wheelbases as "standard" and "long."
Old 06-22-2004, 07:36 AM

Default Audi doesn't care. Sad, but true.

I haven't posted about it on the board, but I have been in "discussions" with Audi over the last six weeks or so. While the problems with my A8L have not been mechanically "serious" (whatever that means), my out-of-service days due to parts unavailability and service department incompetence (you could not imagine what those people have done to my car!) is thoroughly unacceptable. I have owned the car for seven and a half months. My out-of-service days account for nearly two months of that time. I don't care if my problem is a faulty turn signal or an exploding transmission, that is simply unacceptable.

I have been lied to. I have been lied about. I have been the recipient of offers that were later retracted. I have experienced a standard of business that truly appalls me.

Through it all, my "Advocate" has truly been a great contact. He has pushed the issue with AoA and my dealership further than I could have, but the results have not been satisfactory. In the end (I'm done battling), they have offered me $3,000 for my time and trouble. They say that is the equivalent of two lease payments (even though I don't lease - I own the car outright). AoA says that my problem is with the dealership. The dealership says AoA is backing down and they can't do anything. And to top it off, my Advocate, truly a very well-intentioned guy, has been instructed that he is no longer "on the case" and future communications aren't necessary. Same with my salesman.

I'm done.

In 2003, I purchased three brand new Audis. In addition, I have purchased numerous BMWs from this same dealership. Customer loyalty means nothing, apparently.

They both (AoA and the dealership) have lost my future business. I realize that may not be that much of an incentive for them, but they need to realize that every customer who buys a high-end luxury car routinely comes into contact with other people who are also in the market. Word of mouth can be invaluable. And my God, do I have a big mouth.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:07 AM

Can you tell us who your dealer is?

Quick Reply: Are the '05 A8L's out yet in the states? Does anyone have a definitive answer?