A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 A8L CRUISE CONTROL PROBLEM.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 A8L CRUISE CONTROL PROBLEM.

Hi All,

I have a problem with my car and ı will try to explain and ask to the people what could be fixed my problem?

Once ı bought my car 1 month ago ı came to know that Cruise control doesnt enter to set the cruise. Once ı make up and down ı see the speed set, once push set button it catch the speed what ı have while driving, but its never set itself and cruise control starting. When ı push next and back on the stalk its also on and off working ı see on the display.

I made a scan on Vagcom and there is no any fault due to that. I checked my brake sensors and its working properly and tested in Vagcom and no problem is there. So ı ask if anyone had the same issue or any suggestion? I have one other problem with my kessy, but ı will open another thread once ı done the cruise control issue.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hello,

No one available to help me?
Old 06-15-2017, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Today ı have also changed the brake switch and there is no any change in this fault. Still same problem is going ahead and make me crazy till ı will sell my car.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Do you have standard cruise or adaptive cruise?

rich
Old 06-15-2017, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by richard-tx
Do you have standard cruise or adaptive cruise?

rich
Hi, this is a standard Cruise. I have also re-coded it again through VAGCOM.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 117 Likes on 95 Posts

1. "once push set button it catch the speed what ı have while driving"
The statement above sounds like proper operation. You are good.

2. "but its never set itself and cruise control starting."
The above statement conflicts with statement 1. Which statement is true and which is false?

3. "When ı push next and back on the stalk its also on and off working ı see on the display".
What is "working"?
Old 06-16-2017, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
1. "once push set button it catch the speed what ı have while driving"
The statement above sounds like proper operation. You are good.

2. "but its never set itself and cruise control starting."
The above statement conflicts with statement 1. Which statement is true and which is false?

3. "When ı push next and back on the stalk its also on and off working ı see on the display".
What is "working"?
Hi Mister Belly,

Sorry for a complicated explanation. The working thing is the cruise stalk. It shows the current speed when ı push set button. When ı push the stalk down side it decrease the speed. When ı push up side the cruise stalk the set speed is increase. But its only in the display ı can see. Nothing act in the engine or transmission. And there is also no green symbol on the display when ı move the stalk to back (to myself side ).

So cruise stalk is working, but never command to the engine and start the cruise control in reality.

Thanks in advance for your helps.
Br
Old 06-16-2017, 08:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are you pushing the stalk into the column? So, set the speed, see that on the display, but the last simple thing to do is push the stalk / arm from the very tip towards the column.

So difficult with out a drawing (which I would suck at.) but... last piece to set is... push the end of the arm into the column. Not up or down, forwards or backwards, but into or towards the steering column. If you are sitting in the driver's seat, and the stalk is at 8 or 9 o'clock to the left of the column, push the tip or end of the stalk towards 2 or 3 o'clock... like you were trying to push it directly across the wheel. it's a very little push, then it will click, the green speedometer symbol will light up on the dash and it'll work.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Canadagord
Are you pushing the stalk into the column? So, set the speed, see that on the display, but the last simple thing to do is push the stalk / arm from the very tip towards the column.

So difficult with out a drawing (which I would suck at.) but... last piece to set is... push the end of the arm into the column. Not up or down, forwards or backwards, but into or towards the steering column. If you are sitting in the driver's seat, and the stalk is at 8 or 9 o'clock to the left of the column, push the tip or end of the stalk towards 2 or 3 o'clock... like you were trying to push it directly across the wheel. it's a very little push, then it will click, the green speedometer symbol will light up on the dash and it'll work.
Actually ı have tried the all things and green symbol never came to display I will try again if it doesnt work ı will make a video to share to understand better how my problem is occuring.

Thanks again.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi Again all friends,

I have also tried to push the stalk into the column, and try all other things. Never had successfull in that matter. One of friend suggested me to put the car in Audi dealer and they can make online coding. I hear thar first time. Any idea on that matter?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2008 A8L CRUISE CONTROL PROBLEM.