A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Ibis White A8L - Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Ibis White A8L - Opinions?

I have an opportunity to get a really good deal on an '10 Ibis White A8L with an Amaretto interior.

I haven't seen the car yet, nor have I ever seen an Ibis White A8 that I can remember... Truth be told, it's hard to picture it in white.

Anyone have one? Have you seen them in white? What is your opinion about the aesthetics?

Thanks in advance.

-Mike
Old 10-22-2010, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.audituningmag.com/gallery...lery=7&pid=399
Old 10-22-2010, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I think the ibis white is beautiful. I bet that car costs a pretty penny!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

I saw '08+ Ibsis white A8L in person outside a restaurant about two months ago. It was very eye catching and prestigious looking. It had the sport 20" wheels, B&O sound, and black/amaretto interior.

Before acquiring the W12, I was also looking at 4.2's and I had considered Ibsis white, silver, and black as possibilities. I wanted to buy a particular Ibsis white 4.2 I found on the internet but I had been sold the day before I inquired.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

i've considered white in my searches (having bought two of these babies)
and it seems that the D3 in white looks bulkier to my eye, and needs to be kept more clean than the neutral colors.
whatever floats yer boat, get what you like, theyre all good.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 615 Likes on 512 Posts
Default Pluses and overlapping experiences, and questions for you to weigh

Similarities: I came out of a 2000 A6 4.2 (and considered the 2.7T). Also melange interior; Ming Blue outside. Before that I was in a 96 A6 (2.8) with racing green exterior as well. Nie, all nice colors; melange makes a nice light look too.

Current car: brilliant black exterior, amaretto interior. Love the interior! Quite unique. Other companies starting to mimic it, but it is something special. Uniform compliments on it. I like my A6 too (still have it in family), but the A8 is way ahead in finish and details and ride and nicer tranny, and MMI and a bunch of other things. Presumably you know that w/ your 2004, but a later model is going to be not just newer but more reliable in general. At black, I'm the opposite, but it was used an that's what was there at right time, right price. Having owned anything close white too in other makes, of course it hides lots of dirt and road grime by comparison. Your green if like mine isn't as bad as the really dark colors, but white does really well there. Your silver probably does a good job there; the white will be brighter and maybe have more presence from my occasional silver experience. Very much personal opinion though. As well of course for not showing dents and dings as much.

Questions you can think about. Having seen white ones and looked up close, the dark sunroof glass against the light roof is a very stark contrast. Note so visible driving, but certainly when you walk up to it. Last white one I saw had the 20" two tone twin 7 spoke sport wheels (same as on mine now). I personally didn't think that wheel color choice did the car justice. Straight silver or polished w/out the two tone would have been a cleaner look to me. Didn't help though that the wheels had extreme road rash all around so car didn't show so well.

My bet, if you get the right deal, you will love the 6 year upgrade, particularly if the interior where you live feels right. I would smile at the outside of any clean one, regardless of color, to be honest.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 10-23-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you Williebone. It's hard to get a good idea of how the white looks outside of very high quality studio photos, and those photos capture it well.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Brozee
I think the ibis white is beautiful. I bet that car costs a pretty penny!
I'm looking at configurations in the $84K range, so yeah, not cheap. But they're willing to negotiate on the 2010's since the '11's are rolling in.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ModestW12
I saw '08+ Ibsis white A8L in person outside a restaurant about two months ago. It was very eye catching and prestigious looking. It had the sport 20" wheels, B&O sound, and black/amaretto interior.

Before acquiring the W12, I was also looking at 4.2's and I had considered Ibsis white, silver, and black as possibilities. I wanted to buy a particular Ibsis white 4.2 I found on the internet but I had been sold the day before I inquired.

I was looking at one at a dealer in CA (I'm in the Boston area). I was both very intrigued and very afraid since white does not often strike me a really great with cars. There are some models that I do *love* in white, but not often.

I ended up doing a deal on a Phantom Black with Amaretto interior that is much closer geographically. At least I know what they look like live and up close.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ModestW12

My sales rep said just about the same thing... the white is a very sophisticated look and simply gorgeous. He has nothing to gain or lose since my dealership is out of 2010 A8's so mine will definitely be coming from another dealer.

Thanks for the feedback!

Quick Reply: 2010 Ibis White A8L - Opinions?