A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8 Bluetooth Retrofit OEM

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there,

The Kufatec / Fiscon is not working on MMI 2G it's just for NON MMI 2G by exemple RNS-E! I have the Kufatec / Fiscon for Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda, Mercedes in stock. Also have original MMI 2G bleutooth complete package easy to install and original!

You only need the set and a VAGCOMM

This link shows you compatible list from Audi German
http://microsites.audi.com/campaigns..._DE/index.html
Old 11-20-2011, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I m licking to Have don the same .can you please let me know if you have succeed.
Thanks
ZORAN
Old 11-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Zoran.
Not sure I understand the question. Are you planning to attempt a retrofit of the factory bluetooth to replace a factory fitted motorola handset?
Would you do the work yourself? If so there is plenty of info available and I have performed this recently and can give you some feedback.

Thie only issue I have is the sound quality seems rather ordinary (to put it nicely). Not sure if I have a bad unit as it seems rather staticy through the speaker. The motorola sounded brilliant.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi Zoran and welcome. Yes. Quite a few of us did this and you can get all help you need here.

Misha (Miša)
Old 12-03-2011, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Guys thanks for respond. I Feel confident to du the work buy my self,and lucking for some feed back from you guys on the Audi world.I have the A8 2005 whit on star on board and xm satellite,6 disc changer,what kind of unit is the best to install to be able to communicate over the MMI and all functions displayed on screen.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Try here. OEM module, easy to install, works perfectly. I did it few months ago. No problem.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Visteo blue-tooth system which sells for $500.00 and comes complete with all of the components to install the system will cost only marginally more then this item when all is said and done. Add in the cost of the fiber-optic cable, your time to adapt the existing connector for the retrofit wiring, antenna, 54 pic connector, and optic connector and you are looking at $350.00. The Visteo comes with a warranty as well as the ability to pair with 5 blue-tooth phones. Seems like a trivial savings when you can buy a new piece that works identically with a warranty.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Well, yes and no. It depends on a few things. If you want module under the drivers feet, excellent flood place, and you use your satellite radio than you are right. It's not much cheaper. But if you do not use satellite radio and you want your Bluetooth module back there in its place than it gets quite cheaper and easier. It's also flood proof. I think that price might cover harness and antenna too.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have corresponded with the seller and all of the items mentioned aside from the blue-tooth box itself are additional cost items. Therefore you are looking at about $350.00 not including shipping costs and taxes form the sealer for the other parts. You also have no warranty. As far as flood proofing your electronics you should build an Ark if you plan on entering the flood zone.

I have XM satellite radio installed and adding the blue-tooth will not impact my setup at all. I have a 2004 A8L and will be disconnecting the On-Star system which I cannot for the life of me see anyone using given the uncompetitive rates which they offer for their phone service.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ghibliss
Therefore you are looking at about $350.00
I've installed it few months ago for a total of $220. Not sure if I would pay another $280 for warranty.

Flood wise, we are talking about 7 years old cars with high probability of clogging sunroof drains. Coffey or soda comes just as a refreshment.

Quick Reply: A8 Bluetooth Retrofit OEM