A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8L Lover Finally Buys an Audi

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A8L Lover Finally Buys an Audi

It's been 8 years that I have drooled over every A8L that I see. Last week I finally put a downpayment on a 2005 A8L W12.
Been searching the forum for lots of stuff but having trouble finding a few things.

Is there a good website out there with trusted aftermarket parts? I'm looking for a low profile spoiler, maybe a front lip, a blacked out grille, and maybe some other things later.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Why? The A8s you drooled over the past 8 years did not have spoilers. You know why they're called spoilers....because they spoil the looks of a car !

You dont have to try and make your A8 special because it already is;its a W12 with all the equipment that was available on an A8 (but most do not have) and some that wasnt.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by awdinut
Why? The A8s you drooled over the past 8 years did not have spoilers. You know why they're called spoilers....because they spoil the looks of a car !

You dont have to try and make your A8 special because it already is;its a W12 with all the equipment that was available on an A8 (but most do not have) and some that wasnt.
I have to agree, the A8 does not suit that sort of thing, or at least certainly not a front lip, for example:

Looks absolutely terrible and ruins the front of the car.

A very low profile spoiler is probably the furthest I'd ever go:

As for a blacked out grille..... just..... no:

This is of course my personal opinion, I do have a 2005 A8L W12 myself and really wouldn't want to change a thing, they look superb as they are.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

A huge NO NO!! PLEASE DON'T RUIN YOUR GREAT LOOKING W12! Spoilers are for Ricey looking cars... for instance my Skyline GTR32...

Please leave a bagful of rice for hungry Asians and Asian cars (I can say that cuz I am an Asian)

If you really wanna tune up a bit, go for either a chromed wheel (black chrome preferably) or chuck away 18" and go for a larger wheel. Apart from that.. A8L is a sheer classy beauty!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MyBoyBlue
It's been 8 years that I have drooled over every A8L that I see. Last week I finally put a downpayment on a 2005 A8L W12.
Been searching the forum for lots of stuff but having trouble finding a few things.

Is there a good website out there with trusted aftermarket parts? I'm looking for a low profile spoiler, maybe a front lip, a blacked out grille, and maybe some other things later.
You may already have an aftermarket grill, as the W12 grill has horizontal slats.
It looks like an S8 grill that's been painted black over the original charcoal.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by RenoRanes
I have to agree, the A8 does not suit that sort of thing...

A very low profile spoiler is probably the furthest I'd ever go:

As for a blacked out grille..... just..... no
That is the spoiler I am talking about. I wouldn't dare putting anything bigger than that low profile spoiler. I just want to make subtle changes to this car.
I saw the LLTek grille and I don't like that one. I will now probably just paint the chrome black and put a euro plate on it.
All of the chrome on the car is going to be painted or wrapped over; I don't like chrome.

I work at a custom auto shop and I have always modified my cars. I like the clean look but can't stand being in a completely stock car.

From the look at the responses here I guess I'm on the wrong forum.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

You are definitely on the right forum. When something goes wrong you will see. If you decide to do something bit more serious with your car, like wheels, lowering, retrofitting, you will get help and opinions. Spoilers ... well, not popular with slick looking A8 D3.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Have some class...

That is the spoiler I am talking about. I wouldn't dare putting anything bigger than that low profile spoiler. I just want to make subtle changes to this car.
I saw the LLTek grille and I don't like that one. I will now probably just paint the chrome black and put a euro plate on it.
All of the chrome on the car is going to be painted or wrapped over; I don't like chrome.

I work at a custom auto shop and I have always modified my cars. I like the clean look but can't stand being in a completely stock car.

If you can not be happy unless you make a change to your A8, then do it right. And for a spoiler that means spending a buck (instead of buying some adheisive stick-on piece of s^^t)and buying a deck lid for an S8. The S8 lid has a spoiler profile formed into the metal.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by awdinut
If you can not be happy unless you make a change to your A8, then do it right. And for a spoiler that means spending a buck (instead of buying some adheisive stick-on piece of s^^t)and buying a deck lid for an S8. The S8 lid has a spoiler profile formed into the metal.
I didn't know the S8 had that, I would much rather have one like that. Thanks