A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 11:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Suspension

Greetings all. Having suspension issues. My dash is lighting up like a Christmas tree. I know a lot has been written about this topic but can't seem to find a thread exactly on point. Anyway, a few weeks ago when the temps were brutally cold here in NY, my '04 D3 bottomed out in the rear. Amber and yellow suspension warning lights started flashing. Before that, they went on intermittently but I never lost ride height. Took to indy who says codes indicated an AAS issue and that he checked extensively for leaks in the system but found nothing. Says that, after a lot of troubleshooting, he found a wire/switch of some sort that was disconnected under the car probably from hitting a pothole. Find that hard to believe but I've been with him for years and he's been pretty good to me so gave benefit of doubt. He cleared the codes, hooked up the switch and sent me on my way. Since then, the suspension has kept pressure but the dash lights do come on (steady, not flashing) from time to time. When they do light up, I noticed that I lose the option of Dynamic mode in the settings. Any thoughts on what this could be would be appreciated...
Old 01-30-2018, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 90 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by parnyc
Greetings all. Having suspension issues. My dash is lighting up like a Christmas tree. I know a lot has been written about this topic but can't seem to find a thread exactly on point. Anyway, a few weeks ago when the temps were brutally cold here in NY, my '04 D3 bottomed out in the rear. Amber and yellow suspension warning lights started flashing. Before that, they went on intermittently but I never lost ride height. Took to indy who says codes indicated an AAS issue and that he checked extensively for leaks in the system but found nothing. Says that, after a lot of troubleshooting, he found a wire/switch of some sort that was disconnected under the car probably from hitting a pothole. Find that hard to believe but I've been with him for years and he's been pretty good to me so gave benefit of doubt. He cleared the codes, hooked up the switch and sent me on my way. Since then, the suspension has kept pressure but the dash lights do come on (steady, not flashing) from time to time. When they do light up, I noticed that I lose the option of Dynamic mode in the settings. Any thoughts on what this could be would be appreciated...
Read again, there is one similar to your case. Learn about green and amber warning lights.