A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone here use Geico, Travelers or Progressive?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here use Geico, Travelers or Progressive?

I a looking to switch from state farm. I have been with them for years, but it seems that travelers is about 20% less.

Thanks,
Drew
Old 06-25-2010, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

i'm with geico. i checked around and after all their discounts its about half as much as i was quoted anywhere else. kinda weird i must admit
Old 06-25-2010, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

I use USAA, they've been good to me for years.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I have quite a few friend that work for progressive and really enjoy their service and prices. Although once I got my A8, Citizen's offered more coverage at a cheaper price, check them out.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Same here. I switched from Allstate to Geico about a year ago. For just liability, Allstate wanted like $120 a month whereas Geico was $23. I live in Schaumburg, IL which is a NW suburb of Chicago. I can get full coverage with Geico for what Allstate wanted for just liability. Weird indeed!
Old 06-26-2010, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Price is one thing, claims are another...

I would like to hear from some folks that have actually made claims through their insurance companies and how that experience was for them.

I'm with State Farm too and would love to save a little money, but I worry about what happens when you actually need the service you're paying for.

I've been on several sides of the claims process. I've made 3 claims for damage to my cars that were not my fault. I was in one accident that was my fault. I also used to work for a dealership where theft recoveries would be towed in.

The Claims Adjusters for State Farm and Farmers were authorized to write a check on the spot for reasonable claims. Other insurance companies wanted to dicker over what was actually needed versus making it right.

On a theft recovery I often included a detail in the claim estimate, to be done once all the repairs were complete. Seems reasonable, right? Interior damage, needles, pipes, coke on the dash, and other drug paraphernalia scattered inside were common. Not to mention scratches, mud, and other outside damage. State Farm and Farmers never questioned this at all. Unfortunately, I had to argue with other Claims Adjusters and plead with them, usually asking them, "What if this was your wife's car," or, "Would you let your kids ride around in a car that had hypodermic needles all over the floor?" No joke about the needles, by the way...

Anyway... I don't work for an insurance company. I'm not necessarily recommending one over the other. All I'm saying is that you may want to chat with some people that have submitted claims through your potential choice to see how things went. That's where the rubber meets the road! I have always been satisfied with State Farm. I just don't like the price. In the end, if I can't find a better price that includes equal or better service, then I won't be changing.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default That is basically what I am trying to find out. Claims and coverage.

Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by FlyTyinFool
I would like to hear from some folks that have actually made claims through their insurance companies and how that experience was for them.

I'm with State Farm too and would love to save a little money, but I worry about what happens when you actually need the service you're paying for.

I've been on several sides of the claims process. I've made 3 claims for damage to my cars that were not my fault. I was in one accident that was my fault. I also used to work for a dealership where theft recoveries would be towed in.

The Claims Adjusters for State Farm and Farmers were authorized to write a check on the spot for reasonable claims. Other insurance companies wanted to dicker over what was actually needed versus making it right.

On a theft recovery I often included a detail in the claim estimate, to be done once all the repairs were complete. Seems reasonable, right? Interior damage, needles, pipes, coke on the dash, and other drug paraphernalia scattered inside were common. Not to mention scratches, mud, and other outside damage. State Farm and Farmers never questioned this at all. Unfortunately, I had to argue with other Claims Adjusters and plead with them, usually asking them, "What if this was your wife's car," or, "Would you let your kids ride around in a car that had hypodermic needles all over the floor?" No joke about the needles, by the way...

Anyway... I don't work for an insurance company. I'm not necessarily recommending one over the other. All I'm saying is that you may want to chat with some people that have submitted claims through your potential choice to see how things went. That's where the rubber meets the road! I have always been satisfied with State Farm. I just don't like the price. In the end, if I can't find a better price that includes equal or better service, then I won't be changing.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Liberty Mutual gives discount to Audi owners.

I also get an alumni discount, but not sure how good liberty is. My wife had them several years ago and the claims process seemed pretty good. might make the change from state farm. I wonder how they are for homeowners?

D
Old 06-29-2010, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default That's another thing...

Originally Posted by BiturboA6
I also get an alumni discount, but not sure how good liberty is. My wife had them several years ago and the claims process seemed pretty good. might make the change from state farm. I wonder how they are for homeowners?

D
I would like to get a discount for rolling all of my insurance under one company (i.e. Homeowner, car, etc.). State Farm isn't even competitive when it comes to Homeowner's insurance. My agent was straight-up honest and said that just about anyone will kick his butt in price. He was right. I can put a better quote together with just about anyone else for a package deal just because of the homeowner portion. Bummer...
Old 07-02-2010, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default my quote from Geico was very different from these...

I have State Farm and saw the ads for Geico, so I made the call. I am a 59 year old male living in KC with no speeding tickets, no accidents, and no claims history; a 'best-case-scenario-for insuring'. Geico not only was not going to save me money, they wanted 33% MORE!!

It made me wonder who does call and gets a better rate...but now I know.

Quick Reply: Anyone here use Geico, Travelers or Progressive?