A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A8 D3 Non-OEM Push Start with OEM Buttons

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 10:38 PM
Engineer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Audi A8 D3 Non-OEM Push Start with OEM Buttons

So I decided to attempt to make my 2004 A8 Push Start, with Passive Keyless Entry (PKE). Im basically going to use the Stock Push Start/Stop buttons I was able to get a complete MMI Controller with the buttons which I swapped out in my car, Im not going to use the oem system, I don't really feel like doing kessy/immobilizer this or that, besides that retrofit is probably not work the try, instead since my car was already remote start using dball2 see setup in my signature and stock remote to remote start, I purchased a PKE Push Start System, this system will attach to the DBALL2 with RST Configurations. this will retain my remote start and gives me PKE and push start, the remote has to be in proximity of the vehicle to start just like oem... I will also maintain the regular key ignition so I have both option just like stock..... I basically removed the current setup to rewire it to the new setup, when I originally installed the DBALL2 I use quick disconnect harness, so the removal took like 5 mins, I rewired the harness for both units and tomorrow/today/friday I will reinstall it back to test, should work since the remote start was working fine for a year see some photos below (more later), after install is completed Ill have a video.... the stock button doesn't need to be modded as per service documents but all the wires will not be used, the way i see it and later the tale will tell, only need 4 (start/stop/grnd/illumination) wires from the stock 9 wires the others is canbus, ignition and some other stuff (not needed because this is fabrication setup), the PKE system button used 4 wires but only two is important (trigger), the other two is led status which is not used in my case unless I fell like moving the leds over and honestly the answer is NO, it's only to tell when the key is detected via RF and the engine is running, Ill have word in 24-48 hrs.....

Edit:
Stock Start/Stop switch needed to be modify internally, wasnt working without being modification

Original Remote Start Wire harness I made

Original Remote Start harness I made

Original Remote Start harness I made

Power from fusebox (separate fused wired in)

Car Ignition Point

Original PKE Push/Remote Start harness I made

Remote looks like Audi Stocks lol

Last edited by Shamoye Lewis; 12-12-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

How did you go with your auto wiper project ?
Old 06-24-2016, 04:21 AM
Engineer

Originally Posted by storka
How did you go with your auto wiper project ?
didn't get to that as yet, and I was out of town for almost 2 weeks.... probably next trying to knock out the pending stuff, doesn't rain that much yet anyways lol....
Old 12-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Engineer

Guess who's back yea I know I been really busy with life, family, kids, girlfriends the whole 9 yards..... anyways I have completer this project, actually didn't really take the time to complete it until last month, here is a sneak peek of the system in operation