A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A8L floormat problems leading to car acclerator to get stuck underneath mat

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this has actually happened to me in my a4...here is my advice....

make sure the floor mat is properly mated to the 2 tabs just under/near the front endge of the seat, on the floor. it is VERY common for people at car washed to overlook those tabs (they mate with the holes in your floormat) and as the mat slides forward, you get the issue with the gas pedal. 99% sure that is the problem.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Re: Audi A8L floormat problems leading to car acclerator to get stuck underneath mat

THE SAME THING HAPPENED 2 ME A FEW WEEKS AGO ON MY A8....THE CAR WASH FAILED 2 PUT TABS FROM THE MATS IN PLACE...THE CAR LURCHED FROM 80 MPH...TO ALMOST A 100 MPH...IT SCARED THE **** OUT OF ME...THOUGHT THE CRUISE CONTROLL HAD TAKEN OVER...BUT NOPE...IT WAS THE MATS...
Old 05-14-2007, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Automatic car wash for your A8? Oh, the humanity! $%&# Swirl marks!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 725 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Re: Sounds like PEBSWAS ... there is a TSB for that.

Could not imagine what his problem could be, since the driver's side mat is short and fits well below and doesn't get anywhere near the accelerator pedal. But mislocating the passenger side mat to the driver's side would clearly cause a problem---and it looks pretty dumb also.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 616 Likes on 513 Posts
Default Been there, done that...

Yes officer, I was doing 20 over and accelerating when just as I saw your lights I was finally able to get that blasted mat out from the gas pedal. I really need to get rid of them.

Response: Here you go. The court instructions are on the back. Have a nice day.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Audi A8L floormat problems leading to car acclerator to get stuck underneath mat

edit delete
I am idiot? Well, thats a terrible thing to say. And no, I am never ever going to sue or put a lawsuit against Audi, ever. This company deserves alot of credit for making great cars better than Mercedes and BMW in many areas. Its that several of us have had this problem, and that lies in the fact that the holding things should be a shape like a hook to prevent the mats from jumping out of the slot and slowly moving towards the accerator pedal. Thats all. Heres what i did, instead of having both the standard mat and the all-season mat, I removed the standard mat, and put the all season mat alone, and it fits nicely within the two flush hooks. Its just that the dealer just tossed them into the car when I bought them few months ago, and I left them there. Also, the accerator pedal is quite low to the floor, and can be vulnerable.
This is a forum to bring up awarness of important issues so that people are more aware. I am concern for other ppl's safety for the sake of it!

I love this Audi, and its one of the best all round car I have ever owned.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Congratulations on rising above our insults.

It's always refreshing to see someone refrain from lowering him/herself into insult slinging.

However, the original post did have the tone of blame/litigate. That is what set so many people against you.

Peace,
Joe
Old 05-16-2007, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Let's not give too much credit here. He actually had the rubber mats installed

on top of the carpet mats? That is not how the posts were designed. They were intended to hold one, not two mats!!
Old 05-17-2007, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Dohhh!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 09:06 AM

zactly...... user error of having the rubber mat on top of the cloth.

Quick Reply: Audi A8L floormat problems leading to car acclerator to get stuck underneath mat