A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Passenger side motor mount

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bad Passenger side motor mount

All,

Have the 05495 code and the CE light...did a search, looked at the repair manual for this and it uses a special bracket, etc. Anyone done this on a standard lift under the car with a transmission jack or something? I have a four post lift, etc. and I haven't yet run across a procedure for us DIYers. Apologies if I've missed in in a search.

Thanks in advance for any help!

John
Old 06-20-2019, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by JHop
All,

Have the 05495 code and the CE light...did a search, looked at the repair manual for this and it uses a special bracket, etc. Anyone done this on a standard lift under the car with a transmission jack or something? I have a four post lift, etc. and I haven't yet run across a procedure for us DIYers. Apologies if I've missed in in a search.

Thanks in advance for any help!

John
Hello John,
What tool are you scanning with, Ross-Tech VCDS, as your code does not equate to a bad motor mount code, if you are using a generic reader you will not get to proper codes, or you mistyped the code in your post.

The motor mount codes look like this, also I do not recall a check engine light on for a bad motor mount.

17981 - Left Engine Mount Solenoid Valve (N144): Open Circuit
P1573 - 004 - No Signal/Communication
17985 - Right Engine Mount Solenoid Valve (N145): Open Circuit
P1577 - 004 - No Signal/Communication

Johnny
Old 06-20-2019, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Sorry! Was looking at the wrong thing. It is the 17985 - Right Engine Mount Solenoid Valve (N145): Open Circuit.

I've found a decent deal on the mount, just wondering if there is a DIY procedure out there...

I'll have it scanned again at the dealer today when I'm there to pick up some other parts to see what is causing the CE light. I may be missing something. I know the place I bough the car from (not an Audi dealer) had replaced a coil...I'm wondering if that code never cleared.

John
Old 06-21-2019, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry! Was looking at the wrong thing. It is the 17985 - Right Engine Mount Solenoid Valve (N145): Open Circuit.

I've found a decent deal on the mount, just wondering if there is a DIY procedure out there...

I'll have it scanned again at the dealer today when I'm there to pick up some other parts to see what is causing the CE light. I may be missing something. I know the place I bough the car from (not an Audi dealer) had replaced a coil...I'm wondering if that code never cleared.

John
I had to remove that motor mount as part of my oil cooler leak repair, see my post history for the procedure I used to get at it! A board and a floor jack is sufficient to hold the motor up, with a jack stand as backup in case the jack fails. Be advised, you will need a dealer to do an alignment after, this job throws it off.

Edit; you don't have to do everything I did to get at just the motor mount, I think the engine cradle removal is all you need to access it. Those bolts are on there tight, be ready for the breaker bar and maybe a pipe for added leverage!
Old 06-21-2019, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Awesome! Thanks! I just purchased this beast last week (had an 08 S6 V10 as well a while back)...the great thing about these older cars is that there is always someone out there that has done what you need to do. Love these forums...they are invaluable and I use them for my 911 cab as well. Thanks again!!

John
Old 06-22-2019, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Awesome! Thanks! I just purchased this beast last week (had an 08 S6 V10 as well a while back)...the great thing about these older cars is that there is always someone out there that has done what you need to do. Love these forums...they are invaluable and I use them for my 911 cab as well. Thanks again!!

John
Good luck! Be aware if you don't have the 4.2 BFM that some things may vary in how to access them. In this case, it might be the same for multiple motors, you have to get under yours and have a look to check! I think for this job, they did install all the motor mounts to that crossmember.