A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Batting 0 for 3 today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batting 0 for 3 today...

One of the xenon bulbs is more purplish thant the other so I ordered a couple of the D2S bulbs off eBay and decided to install them today.

Strike 1- Though I had changed the parking light bulbs through the inside headlight housing cover, the main low beam xenon bulbs are accessed through the outer housing cover. After struggling getting the ballast connector off for about 30 minutes I headed to the Bentley manual. So what's the trick? I was just working the passenger side.

Strike 2- I crack open my new Bentley DVD and installed it on the computer. It won't start. I have a support email into Bentley's so I'll hear something tomorrow probably. I'm running Win7. Any tricks? Error is "The specified file was not found: C:\Program Files 9x86)\eBahn\regform.hsp

Strike 3- So I button the car back up and decide to get our bushes trimmed. I'm on bush number 3 with my electric trimmer and I hit a bee's nest. The trimmer, my iPhone and earbuds go flying, and I go running into the house swatting away like a little girl.
The tally was 5 bee stings: left ring finger, right inner elbow, back of right knee, right outer calf x2. This was around 1pm and they still are pretty sore. I killed 2 bees in the house as I was swatting around and who knows how many more during my flailing. I hope that's it.
The bush/nest should be settled down now so I have to go get my revenge with the bee spray, or at least get the trimmer and ladder out of the front yard.
Fortunately my iPhone and earbuds landed in the grass and not on the driveway.

Ouch!
Old 07-31-2011, 02:44 PM
DA8
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! Totally got me laughing out loud. Maybe you should take it easy the rest of the day.

I don't know about the lights, I haven’t done it yet. But the Bentley manual does have a procedure I looked at for doing it. I would check there first.

The repair manual does not work with Windows 7. I tried it too. They say it doesn't. I emailed them and they say you can try running in "Virtual XP" mode. This is a special mode you run your computer in that you have to download some Microsoft software to do. I have not figured that out yet either. I have a computer that runs on Vista and was able to get the manual to run, but it runs slowly and will not print.

I think it is ridicules that Bentley will not run on a modern computer.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It happens in 3's so your spell of bad luck should be over!
Old 08-01-2011, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wheel arch liner has to come out to swap the HiD lamps - not as bad as it sounds and it give a good opportunity to clean around the dirt traps.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOx
Strike 2- I crack open my new Bentley DVD and installed it on the computer. It won't start. I have a support email into Bentley's so I'll hear something tomorrow probably. I'm running Win7. Any tricks? Error is "The specified file was not found: C:\Program Files 9x86)\eBahn\regform.hsp
You need to run it in XP Mode which is a VM inside of W7.

Instructions here https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/d...p+Instructions

You sure we're not related? Sounds like my kind of luck!