A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Phonebook Integration & Memory

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bluetooth Phonebook Integration & Memory

Hello all. New Audi A8 owner as of last Saturday. It's a 2007, purchased from an Audi dealer in Atlanta. Having owned Jaguar, BMW, Lexus, and Mercedes, I'm overwhelmed by how advanced and sophisticated this vehicle truly is. I call it my baby Bentley.

Everything works great, with the exception of Bluetooth. I can get my Blackberry to pair up, and it works just fine. But the phonebook won't integrate, and each time I depart from the vehicle with my phone, it has to be re-paired with the system, meaning I have to select "connect" on the phone and enter the passcode.

The Audi dealer had me do a reset of the MMI today by depressing TEL - Center **** - Upper right soft key at the same time. The reset was done correctly, but still no change with the Bluetooth. I checked using another phone today (Motorola smart phone) and experienced the same thing. My MMI is 3360. Any suggestions?
Old 08-23-2012, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

If you update your MMI software it should improve Bluetooth functionality. The latest North America version is 4610 and you can buy CD's from a dealer for about $20.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

pmdeaver, congrats. Are you in Atlanta? I have a issues with my bluetooth. Mine connects and reconnects on an endless cycle. Will upgrade the software to see if it cures it. I'm running 10.7.0 so it's really old.

Mishar, the dealers around here in ATL won't sell us the update and I'm a auto service facility who buys parts from them wholesale.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Try here.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar
If you update your MMI software it should improve Bluetooth functionality. The latest North America version is 4610 and you can buy CD's from a dealer for about $20.
Thanks, Mishar! I'll try that. To answer tshong, no I do not live in Atlanta. I'm in Raleigh, NC. The deal was too good to pass up, so I flew down there and drove back home in it. Too bad you can't buy the updates down there.

I have a friend at a local Audi dealer here, so I'm hoping I won't experience the same problem.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar
Will that have any impact on my navigation (in a positive way)? I noticed that my neighborhood doesn't show up (which was built in 2004). Was wondering if I need to buy a new navi disc or seek some alternative. I can't access the disc to see which version it is. Apparently it's locked so I can't remove it...
Old 08-24-2012, 05:25 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default unlock nav DVD

Hello and Welcome,

you will need Ross-Tech VCDS to unlock Nav DVD.

Below info is from the Ross-Tech site.

Channel,

[37] - Navigation
Adaptation
Label File

Audi A8 (4E) Navigation

Contents
[hide] 1 Adaptation 1.1 Channel 001: Tire Circumference
1.2 Channel 002: Wheel Impulse (ABS)
1.3 Channel 065: DVD Read Test
1.4 Channel 066: Self Test
1.5 Channel 067: Ejection
1.6 Channel 068: Ejection Lock
1.7 Channel 096: Optical Performance

Adaptation

Channel 001: Tire Circumference

Tire circumference in Millimeter (mm) used for correcting the navigation.

Channel 002: Wheel Impulse (ABS)

Number of Wheel Impulses received by/from the ABS per Wheel turn.
Range: 4...120
Standard: 96

Channel 065: DVD Read Test
0 = Read Test not running (or to STOP Read Test)
1 = Full Rest Test (100% of the DVD are being tested - Duration: 20 Minutes)
2 = Short Read Test (Random Test of the DVD - Duration: ~30 Seconds)

Channel 066: Self Test
1 = Start Self Test

Channel 067: Ejection
1 = Eject CD/DVD

Channel 068: Ejection Lock
0 = Eject Button active
1 = Eject Button inactive (Anti-Theft)

Channel 096: Optical Performance

The optical performance of the MOST bus can be adapted/reduced for fault finding.
0 = Normal Performance
3 = Reduced Performance (-3 dB)

Originally Posted by pmdeaver
Will that have any impact on my navigation (in a positive way)? I noticed that my neighborhood doesn't show up (which was built in 2004). Was wondering if I need to buy a new navi disc or seek some alternative. I can't access the disc to see which version it is. Apparently it's locked so I can't remove it...
Old 08-24-2012, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You need a new navigation DVD and unlocking in order to change it. Yo can find which one you have in Navigation > Settings.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VCDS scan

Hello all. New Audi A8 owner as of last Saturday. It's a 2007, purchased from an Audi dealer in Atlanta. Having owned Jaguar, BMW, Lexus, and Mercedes, I'm overwhelmed by how advanced and sophisticated this vehicle truly is. I call it my baby Bentley.

Everything works great, with the exception of Bluetooth. I can get my Blackberry to pair up, and it works just fine. But the phonebook won't integrate, and each time I depart from the vehicle with my phone, it has to be re-paired with the system, meaning I have to select "connect" on the phone and enter the passcode.

The Audi dealer had me do a reset of the MMI today by depressing TEL - Center **** - Upper right soft key at the same time. The reset was done correctly, but still no change with the Bluetooth. I checked using another phone today (Motorola smart phone) and experienced the same thing. My MMI is 3360. Any suggestions?
I had problems with the BT module in my 2007 A8 not syncing the Phonebook, and ultimately had to replace the BT module.

The first step in diagnosing this problem would be to run a VCDS scan and see what errors, if any, pop up in the "Address 77: Telephone" section. You also want to check the "Revision:" to verify that it is not "000000".

You should also consider testing BT with different phone to see if the odd behavior is unique to the Blackberry.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by subit0
I had problems with the BT module in my 2007 A8 not syncing the Phonebook, and ultimately had to replace the BT module.

The first step in diagnosing this problem would be to run a VCDS scan and see what errors, if any, pop up in the "Address 77: Telephone" section. You also want to check the "Revision:" to verify that it is not "000000".

You should also consider testing BT with different phone to see if the odd behavior is unique to the Blackberry.
Interesting stuff, I just checked my coding and I have revision 00000000 and I am not having issues at this time. What should I expect, or what can I do to avoid troubles going forward?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Phonebook Integration & Memory