A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashboard Lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard Lights not working

Hi everyone,
I am having a problem with the illumination of my dash lights (dash vent lights, window shade button, etc). They had been functioning fine until I needed to have my car jump started. Because we could not access the battery via the trunk, the technician used the lighter socket to power the car up initially so we could get the trunk and do a full jump start.

After that, the dash lights stopped working. I have replaced the fuse and still no luck. Any suggestions on what I could check next? Would using the lighter socket to get power to the car blow out these bulbs?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default just a thought

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2831582&page=2
Old 03-05-2014, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi,

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I have a similar issue after a regular jumpstart. My dashboard light doesn't light up as well as my light switch and hazard light doesn't work anymore :-(

Thanks,
Thomas
Old 03-09-2014, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by scherning
Hi,

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I have a similar issue after a regular jumpstart. My dashboard light doesn't light up as well as my light switch and hazard light doesn't work anymore :-(

Thanks,
Thomas

Similar thing happened to me. The battery power may still not be 100%. You need to trickle charge the battery to full capacity or drive a round a lot to recharge it fully (or get it checked out to see if it will charge to full capacity). The power management modules will disable non essential power consumers when power is low in order to preserve the cars ability to start. The dealership did not even understand this and wanted to replace the whole dash because they can't see beyond the codes on the vag-com. try a full recharge and let us know what happens.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Sci-fi_Wasabi
Similar thing happened to me. The battery power may still not be 100%. You need to trickle charge the battery to full capacity or drive a round a lot to recharge it fully (or get it checked out to see if it will charge to full capacity). The power management modules will disable non essential power consumers when power is low in order to preserve the cars ability to start. The dealership did not even understand this and wanted to replace the whole dash because they can't see beyond the codes on the vag-com. try a full recharge and let us know what happens.
Thanks! Actually, the problem went away after I removed and reinserted the A-connector on the central electronic control module (J519). I'm not quite sure why :-) I did do some work on one of the other connectors (installing an ADS switch), so maybe I pulled the A-connector accidentally (even though that sounds strange).

Anyways, everything works perfectly now, thanks.

- Thomas