A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disable TPMS System Success!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange Electronics TPMS

http://www.jegs.com/p/Orange-Electro...87061/10002/-1

I bought these for my S8's winter wheel/tire combo a few years ago but I can't find the direct link anymore. They used to be based out of OH I think..... I paid $29 each then. They worked great.

As for getting them mounted go to a local Discount tire. If you're swapping out new for old its cheap and easy. I paid $10 each tire. They don't have to break down the whole tire to get them in. They just deflate and push down with the bead bar right where the current sensors are. No, it doesn't hurt the tire's sidewall.

If you're putting them on new rims there should be no charge at all.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Could you post a complete procedure to accomplish this in VCDS? I am not familiar but my tech said he would do it for me if I got him the specifics.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Crizz
Could you post a complete procedure to accomplish this in VCDS? I am not familiar but my tech said he would do it for me if I got him the specifics.
In VCDS go to tire pressure monitoring under the module selection. From there click "coding" then follow my instructions from the first post. By replacing the 3 with a 0. Save and done.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Brozee
In VCDS go to tire pressure monitoring under the module selection. From there click "coding" then follow my instructions from the first post. By replacing the 3 with a 0. Save and done.
Success! Thanks for the info Brozee. Interesting to note my coding was a 1 not a 3. Changed to 0 and now irritating chime is gone. It may get a new set of snows this season so I'll likely replace sensors then and reactivate.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Brozee
Here are the sensors
http://oewheelsllc.com/TPMS-Sensors_...re-Sensors-SET

No it includes 4. You don't need to buy one for the spare as it won't give you an error in the MMI screen, only will show "--" for the spare. That is a unnecessary one to buy. You don't need VCDS to reprogram them. You just click "change wheels" in MMI and it will learn the new sensors over 15-20 minutes. 433mhz in U.S. btw.
My dealer told me I need to buy a spare wheel and tire (my car has no spare now) and have a sensor installed in the spare along with all four on the car inorder for the annoying warning to stop.

Just so I'm clear, you are stating that the spare need not exist at all in order to eliminate this as long as the 4 on the car have active sensors?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Is the Vag Com and VCDS the computer diagnostic tool that the dealer service dept. uses?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes the spare tpms is not needed. It's dead in both my 4.2 and w12 and both are just fine.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by devilsnight
My dealer told me I need to buy a spare wheel and tire (my car has no spare now) and have a sensor installed in the spare along with all four on the car inorder for the annoying warning to stop.

Just so I'm clear, you are stating that the spare need not exist at all in order to eliminate this as long as the 4 on the car have active sensors?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Is the Vag Com and VCDS the computer diagnostic tool that the dealer service dept. uses?
You do not need spare wheel sensor. System will work with just four. Buy them aftermarket. They are three times cheaper and they work.

VCDS (Vag Com) is Ross-Tech tool that includes connecting cable and software ($350). It is not same as VAS used by dealers but it is very capable.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mishar
You do not need spare wheel sensor. System will work with just four. Buy them aftermarket. They are three times cheaper and they work.

VCDS (Vag Com) is Ross-Tech tool that includes connecting cable and software ($350). It is not same as VAS used by dealers but it is very capable.
Wow, thanks a TON for this! $tealer honestly had me contemplating buying another 19 inch OEM wheel and tire just to solve the annoying cluster display and chime. Would've been almost $2,000!!!!

Four new sensors and I'm good to go! You guys just saved me major coinage, thanks again.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Good! I'll have a beer.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Another problem solved by the geniuses on this forum. I just ordered the sensors from OE Wheels. Please allow me to once again throw my thanks in for major-money-saved, as well.

Quick Reply: Disable TPMS System Success!