A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual headrest DVD system

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 07:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual headrest DVD system

Has anyone put in the dual DVD system in an '06 A8? I am having trouble locating a system/install shop that will do it since the headrests are power.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default I am doing my install at the present time...

Originally Posted by jaksak
Has anyone put in the dual DVD system in an '06 A8? I am having trouble locating a system/install shop that will do it since the headrests are power.
I purchased a dual set of used Vizualogic headrest monitor/DVD players off eBay. They have a lot of features and can play a different DVD in each player if desired. They were mounted in Toyota headrests so I ordered A8 headrests from Vizualogic that were (amazingly) available in Amaretto leather to match my not so common interior color. Vizualogic promiss "OEM shape", but they are not. And they ignored my phone calls andemail with photos showing Audi's RSE headrest and what I received. Almost no one has ever seen an A8 with RSE so , since the color match is perfect, I guess no one will no the difference. At any rate the install is in progress.

Swapping out the headrests is easy. Just take the back shell from the seat , pullthe retaining clip from each post, and lift out. Then drop the new ones in by feeding the cables down the holes.

Today I wired in the control box. I located it under the passenger seat. Found a hot and a ground wire amongst the many that are down there and used T-taps. I plugged in the DIN cables from the passenger unit and it works fine. I have hit a problem however that I have not as yet solved. I need to find a way to get the driver side cables under the console to yhe control box under the passengers seat.