A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fake S8 badges

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fake S8 badges

I just don't understand those who put S8 or W12 badges on their A8/A8Ls. It's the same as in the Corvette community where some would put Z06 badges and inlets on their base Vette. They always got blasted on the forums as poseurs. And for good reason. Sorry if I offend, but your fake badges offend me. And the fascination with looking like you have a new A8/A8L by going to all of that trouble with the fish mouth grille is beyond me as well.

I can MAYBE understand the chrome mirrors, but when you go to the trouble of trying to tell the world you have an S8 via fake badges, it tells me that you have some self-esteem issues that should be addressed.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
Default It's just a car

People mod their car and it makes them feel good.

I can tell you one thing for sure, my friend's 04 A8L looks better in person than a stock A8L by a long shot.

Heck, I put a RNS-E in my 01 S8, but it never came from the factory like that. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I put a S8 grill on my old 97 A8, which was a pre facelift version.....and left the S8 badge on it. I wasn't trying to pretend I had a S8, it's just looked fantastic.

To each his own!
Old 07-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Par
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Fake S8 badges

Well, maybe some self-esteem issues. Actually, I just liked the chrome S8 Grill look, the badge just came with it ;-)

And why spend all that money on a S8.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I usually debadge my cars, but I don't have an issue with people enhancing their cars

That said, the two S8 "upgrades" posted just below are very impressive looking ...
Old 07-29-2008, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Fake S8 badges

I would tend to agree with the badges part but then again, to each his own. Personally I like the looks of my '05 grill. As others have put it, the Karl Maulden or carp mouth to me looks too much like a Chrysler 300. Remember, the automobile is all about individuality and how one feels behind the wheel or softly running your hands over her beautiful curves.. (damn I love my car).... I digress... anyway, this is not IROC thank god.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Relax.... it's not your car we''re doing it to....

I am not a fan of badges that mis-represent, but in the case of the S8 grille it's tough to fill that void. In my case the W12 logo could be made to fit with a bit of work.

As for upgrading the nose - if a person is willing to spend the money and likes the updated look why does that offend you ? As long as I don't see slammed bright green A8's with Neon underneath it's all good in my opinion....

we're all lucky just to drive such nice cars.... don't hate.

just my thoughts.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I think noreserve is pointing out a politically incorrect truism.

A little harsh, but basically true.

"...if a person is willing to spend the money and likes the updated look why does that offend you ? As long as I don't see slammed bright green A8's with Neon underneath it's all good in my opinion...." By that logic, a slammed, bright green, neon underneath A8 is ok, so long as it pleases the owner.

I believe that the majority of fishmouth modifications are done in order to make the car look like a newer model. The asthetics are extremely questionable in my mind.

Now, this is free country, and everyone is welcome to modify his/her A8 anyway he or she likes. If someone posts pictures of modifications on a forum such as this, all comments, positive and negative, should be encouraged. I think Par has handled the negative comments very well. All of us should be so patient.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:34 AM

Default I want to add something...

I am a firm believer in the Live and Let Live motto. I wouldn't say something to someone about their choice of badge or modification in person, however hideous. Online we can submit our opinions with less offense - hopefully. I didn't directly call out a specific person. I just have read a few of these lately and they seem to be a growing trend.

And hopefully we won't see any neon underneath an A8, but you never know. I'm askeered to Google to even find out. :-)
Old 07-29-2008, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default LOL... I had to debadge mine.....

too many boy racers annoying me.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sounds like some self-righteous issues need to be addressed

I guess you won't be first in line to buy this car whenever it get sold. As long as it isn't sold as something it isn't, what does it really matter to you? It doesn't to me.

If I offend you because I debadge my car to "hide" what it really is....get over it.

Quick Reply: Fake S8 badges