A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few problem with my a8

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regular Suspension

Hello
I'm Victor From Kuwait and i own a 2008 Audi A8 and i just had my 2nd or 3rd suspension problem and i was hopping to change it to a regular one and i would like to have some advices on which one to buy i heard that strutmaster.com are the only one with a good suspension convertor kit.
my question is now are they good enough? and did anyone tried them? and how to cancel out the suspension indicator light after replacing the suspension?
Old 10-02-2013, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A8 Suspension Conversion

Hello
I'm Victor From Kuwait and i own a 2008 Audi A8 and i just had my 2nd or 3rd suspension problem and i was hopping to change it to a regular one and i would like to have some advices on which one to buy i heard that strutmaster.com are the only one with a good suspension convertor kit.
my question is now are they good enough? and did anyone tried them? and how to cancel out the suspension indicator light after replacing the suspension?
Old 10-02-2013, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar
Air suspension can be deleted using VCDS.
I have played in VCDS. Would love to "deactivate" factory air suspension. Where is that feature at?
Old 10-02-2013, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Try Gateway Installed List. Uncheck suspension and see if you can reach it.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar
Try Gateway Installed List. Uncheck suspension and see if you can reach it.
Wish it was that easy. Tried that. Doesn't work.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by victoragb90
Hello
Victor, hey, I too was wondering about this as you can see above. I did do a little research and I actually called KW to ask about the D3 and they said they never intended for the D2 kit to be installed on a D3 but if shops out there are having good results with it than "more power to them". They just can't stand behind that application. He said they were looking into a D3 Kit in the future and to stay tuned. I have looked into the pirch on the D2 and the D3 and I can see how it would be easy to modify the D3 for the KW's but I have a working suspension right now and didn't take it any further. I think the easiest thing would be to call the shop that did the job for the original posting member above and just ask what they did. Keep in mind that a sport suspension designed for a 4000 pound vehicle installed on a 4399 pound vehicle may not be perfect or last as long. I would imagine it would feel like your stock suspension in dynamic mode. Hope this helps...could be alot more of us headed this direction as these bags fail again and again.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Matt@H2OTuning
Wish it was that easy. Tried that. Doesn't work.
So when you uncheck suspension it still works like nothing happened? You can unplug that module than.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hello
I'm Victor From Kuwait and i own a 2008 Audi A8 and i just had my 2nd or 3rd suspension problem ...
Are you sure it is not your driving style? Everything is breakable if you try hard.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by quiksilverly
Victor, hey, I too was wondering about this as you can see above. I did do a little research and I actually called KW to ask about the D3 and they said they never intended for the D2 kit to be installed on a D3 but if shops out there are having good results with it than "more power to them". They just can't stand behind that application. He said they were looking into a D3 Kit in the future and to stay tuned. I have looked into the pirch on the D2 and the D3 and I can see how it would be easy to modify the D3 for the KW's but I have a working suspension right now and didn't take it any further. I think the easiest thing would be to call the shop that did the job for the original posting member above and just ask what they did. Keep in mind that a sport suspension designed for a 4000 pound vehicle installed on a 4399 pound vehicle may not be perfect or last as long. I would imagine it would feel like your stock suspension in dynamic mode. Hope this helps...could be alot more of us headed this direction as these bags fail again and again.
Hey there really thanks for the help and that you replied as soon as possible i was losing hope hehe. Anyways i checked and asked around and found out that strutmaster.com make syspensions for 02 to 09 and it fits and some people said that the ride is nice the hight is nice too and no complains and no need to worry bout air suspension and as far as i know it sits on level 2 hight and that is comfort mode in air suspension plus the better and soft tires u put the better like mechilens, Bridgestone or Toyo. I really wanna change them I know I will be stripped out of the comfort and luxury of an air suspension but put in mind it wont be that drastic change at all I mean you wont be riding on stone hard low suspension it will be just a minor change of feel and most people quoted that it rides better on high speed with regular ones.
Pls if You have any more advises before i buy them tell me cos I really want to get my head out of this issue i love my A8 I drive it all day every day that's why
Suspension doesn't cut for me i drove normally but i literally drive alot with it wich i shouldn't for a luxury mid size lemo saloon
Thx
Old 10-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Banned

Hey there really thanks for the help and that you replied as soon as possible i was losing hope hehe. Anyways i checked and asked around and found out that strutmaster.com make syspensions for 02 to 09 and it fits and some people said that the ride is nice the hight is nice too and no complains and no need to worry bout air suspension and as far as i know it sits on level 2 hight and that is comfort mode in air suspension plus the better and soft tires u put the better like mechilens, Bridgestone or Toyo. I really wanna change them I know I will be stripped out of the comfort and luxury of an air suspension but put in mind it wont be that drastic change at all I mean you wont be riding on stone hard low suspension it will be just a minor change of feel and most people quoted that it rides better on high speed with regular ones.
Pls if You have any more advises before i buy them tell me cos I really want to get my head out of this issue i love my A8 I drive it all day every day that's why
Suspension doesn't cut for me i drove normally but i literally drive alot with it wich i shouldn't for a luxury mid size lemo saloon
Thx
I looked at strut master and decided against it just from reading the negative reviews. I'm sure there are some good things about them, they reviews were just scaring me away a little. Some people said the car sits a little high on them and there is no adjustment for height. Some say the struts were stiff and made noises alot. just wasn't ready to give it a try. If you do this, Let me know how it turns out because I'm not aware of anyone posting it as a viable solution to the busted air struts.

Quick Reply: Few problem with my a8