A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY DONE - Deathtrap going back to Audi

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of tires, brand, size, etc, miles? and do they come with wheels? Any pictures?
Old 01-23-2008, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i think another gentleman had a problem with the wipers here....

why didn't you just trade the car for another, and take the hit?

you wouldn't have paid out the total of the lease payments.

or may be...they depreciate fast.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:00 AM

Default Depreciation...

To sell the car outright would have cost remaining lease-payments + $3,000.

And why should I have taken the hit, if the car would have been perfectly fine, if Audi could have gotten their stuff together?

Audi should have allowed me to cross-trade to a vehicle that doesn't have that problems -- or simply swapped out a few parts, like the wiper motor.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:03 AM

Default 18" Blizzaks

The winter tires are Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22 XL in 255/45VR-18 on
18x8 AT Italia 9 Razze PSF (stainless cover on black alloy wheels)

http://tinyurl.com/2nkahb is a link to the rims.

Tires have about 8,000 miles on them. Two winters (2004, 2005), as the car was garaged 2006 and 2007. I work from home, so 4,000 miles/winter might even be a high estimate. Plenty of thread left.

Over $2,200 new before shipping.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've had to take some hits with leases....

break the lease and get another car...i had to pay the differnce, and good bye car.

if you took your Audi to a BMW dealer on a dry day, they would have given you a trade in number.

you would take your pay-off from Audi and negotiate the diff, and you're in a car.

if it was such a big deal, and a safety hazard (i do not defend audi) i would have dumped it.

it would have been less than 18K. audi didn't want to work with you.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:57 PM

Default Re: I've had to take some hits with leases....

It's one thing if you changed your mind. It's another if you're paying for a vehicle that's not safe to drive. I, for one, don't think that should be my financial responsibility.

Besides, if I wanted a BMW, I would have bought one.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Bypass the dealer go straight to the Audi Regional After Sales Manager

I had several issues that the dealer could not warrant. I called the regional sales manager had the meeting with both the manager and dealer and Audi aggreed to repair the few issues i had all because the car was just out of factory warranty. Ask the boffins to replace the motor, its an easy one to replace for safety reasons, and if it still faults look somewhere else...and continue down the line, maybe even epgrade the computer software...
Old 01-23-2008, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've "stroked" checks to get out of 2 cars in 06 and another in early 07

and it's costed me big bucks.

i dumped a lease on an 03 A6 quattro that was an absolute lemon that visited the shop over 30 times in 3 years. i traded in on a Toyota 4 Runner. 2 months later I had a stroke.

Bang, i lost a lot of depth perception, slurred like a drunk, and had a bunch of other problems.

The Toyota was now too big, too lumbering for me to drive. I broke that lease (on a 4 month old car w/ 2300 miles) for a smaller car...a new MB C230.

The C230, which seem fine on the test drive, had the worst HVAC system, and rode so hard it would blow your bladder open (stroke). I got rid of the damn thing as it was so uncomfortable. Monthly visits to a tertiary care hospital with bad roads in a car with 35 series tires was stupid.

So I dumped it for my BMW. So far so good--I'd like more comfortable seats.

I may be able to get out of this one for a couple thousand for another with comfort seats.

So what I'm saying is, I have multiple health issues that have made life difficult, and safety and comfort are important. You can break leases and get into something else.

Audi couldnt' find your problem. You should have talked to them, said you wanted to custom order a car, busted the check, and gotten a new one.

I really wish you good luck on your next car. If you are looking for customer service, Audi ain't dishin' it out.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tell them your attorney is contacting the NTSB...that will get their attention. I "lemoned" a 1.5

year old 2000 Volvo S80 this way. You can also search the NTSB website and I bet you will find other complaints to it about the same problem. I screwed around with Volvo dealer for a year with electrical problems that trapped wife in locked car; car stops dead in intersection, etc.

Once I showed them my research and the letter I was ready to send to NTSB, I suddenly got plenty of attention. Volvo cancelled the lease, refunded 5 months of lease payments (representing time in the shop) and took back the car. good luck.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wow. Sad Story. I am sorry you had to go through it.

Its weird how we all come to this forum to chat and complain about our nice German car, while on the same car, yours was a nightmare and you did not even drive it.

Quick Reply: FINALLY DONE - Deathtrap going back to Audi