A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY DONE - Deathtrap going back to Audi

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wow, the Silver Bullet has a clone!

My wipers, amongst just about everything else, failed. Included in that failure was Audi and my inept dealership. After 16K(on the clock)and a three inch thick file of ROs, I bailed, never to return. Im too patient a person and I simply parked the car and used others when needed. I filed with the NTSB re: the wipers which basically does nothing except to make one feel better for 5 minutes! I migrated to BMW and couldnt be happier, although I do miss the Audi interiors.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Gentleman? Thanks schnell!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I drove to my dealer after the third "cannot duplicate customer complaint"

and parked the car near a hose. I had the service mgr. step outside while I ran the wipers with the hose running on the windshield and lo and behold, the wipers stopped "midstream" and parked themselves. I said to him "So much for your f****** cannot duplicate"!!! I replicated the problem and they STILL could not fix it. At that point, I knew what I was dealing with and said bye-bye.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FINALLY DONE - Deathtrap going back to Audi

The same wiper issue happend to me last February going 70 at rush hour and at night on a unfamiliar road (SF) in 4 lanes (each way) of traffic! I was scared to death. I had my wife and 2 year old twins (at the time) in the car! I did the same thing: pulled the fuse and it started working again.

I drove it home and got the typical Audi BS about "duplicating" the problem. It so happened that I approved the mechanic driving the car home and it happened to him! I ended up having the wiper motor replaced by Audi and it's never happened again.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Now I know why I didn't see your original post...

...I was in the hospital the end of '04 and first of '05.

If you're looking for a lawyer - that would be Mr. Greenie.

You're correct, Randy is my better half... We do have his -n- her Audis, however, his is an Rs6.

Good Luck with your future vehicle.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Funny, my wipers did the same thing to me first time yesterday

not as bad, but the wipers just kinda slowed down for a second and then started moving normal again. Didn't come to a complete stop, just kinda crept back to the park position and started up again at normal speed.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default The real question is... WHEN WILL IT HAPPEN TO YOU?

This wiper post truly worries me. I have two kids that are always in the car. I am going to find out if the wiper motor on my 04 was ever replaced. Obviously, Audi should recall all of them for the motor issues, which I seriously doubt. I hate to be going fast on the turnpike in the rain and the wipers just stopped.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The Pa. Tpk was where I experienced this for the first time.

Its one thing if your dealer is concerned about such a situation and its another if it is MY OLD dealer. Couldnt duplicate it and really didnt seem to care. Audi, if you want to increase your sales, get a better dealer network.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:34 AM
ESN
Elder Member

Default So, if it is known that replacing the wiper motor fixes the problem and the dealer refuses to do it,

Why not pay for the repair yourself?

Whether you then turn around and sue AoA and the dealer for consumer fraud (enhanced damages and attorneys' fees) or just eat the cost, it would seem like a small price to pay for peace of mind.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a8d3/msgs/48664.phtml">Gina says it works</a></li></ul>
Old 01-24-2008, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Absolutely...lol.

Quick Reply: FINALLY DONE - Deathtrap going back to Audi