A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finding security access code?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finding security access code?

Hello all,

I would like to enable the parking brake feature that allows the parking brake to be used while still in drive, but I'm having trouble locating the 'security access code.' A few threads mention to "enter code presented by program," but I don't see anything presented. I just upgraded VCDS to 17.8.1 also. There's a few other changes I would like to make, but I'm obviously new to this. I would definitely make a copy of the original coding before making changes.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2018, 05:44 PM
Necromancer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Send an Email to Ross-Tech...

Originally Posted by a_alyte
Hello all,

I would like to enable the parking brake feature that allows the parking brake to be used while still in drive, but I'm having trouble locating the 'security access code.' A few threads mention to "enter code presented by program," but I don't see anything presented. I just upgraded VCDS to 17.8.1 also. There's a few other changes I would like to make, but I'm obviously new to this. I would definitely make a copy of the original coding before making changes.

Thanks
...they will respond (refreshingly) quickly.
Attached Images   
Old 01-24-2018, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

I never thought to contact them, thanks.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 90 Likes on 81 Posts

You would want to turn on a switch that will lock the rear wheel from rotating while driving? This VCDS besides help breaking car, also help causing accidents... amazing.
Cheers and good luck,
Louis
Old 01-25-2018, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
You would want to turn on a switch that will lock the rear wheel from rotating while driving? This VCDS besides help breaking car, also help causing accidents... amazing.
Cheers and good luck,
Louis
That would be amazing but that's not what I'm referring too! I guess I could have been more clear. I've read posts about this mod which allows the parking brake to be used while the transmission is in drive, say at a traffic light. While stopped at a light, you engage the parking brake and once the gas pedal is depressed, the parking brake automatically disengages. Currently my parking brake only engages when the transmission is in 'park.'

I've seen is posted as "Auto Parking Brake Release"
Old 01-25-2018, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have tried that mod and didn't like it. It just wasn't quick enough to release. Also I didn't want to be stuck in traffic if the parking brake system failed and would not release.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by richard-tx
I have tried that mod and didn't like it. It just wasn't quick enough to release. Also I didn't want to be stuck in traffic if the parking brake system failed and would not release.
I can see your point! I wouldn't use it at every stop but figured it could come in handy. Can you recall how you found the access code VCDS request?
Old 01-25-2018, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I recall, this involves making a change from North America to ROW. I've done this on my vehicle but I've probably only used the feature once or twice and feel like it would just put more wear on the ebrake motors. If you keep your mouse pointer over the security code field, does it not provide possible codes in the popup? Some modules do this.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SS_RTR
If you keep your mouse pointer over the security code field, does it not provide possible codes in the popup? Some modules do this.
I don't think I tried that but I'll give it a shot.