A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fraudulent listing!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, someone is bound to fall for this, somewhere. It's just a sign of the times.

I actually avoided Ebay and Craig's List when I was shopping a year ago. The irony is that I actually found my current beauty on Craig's List. I'm not sure why the dealer didn't use a more "reputable" web site for their marketing, but it all worked out well for everyone in the end.

It's a shame that we have to wade through such BS in our daily lives. Again, it's just a sign of the times. Buyer beware...
Old 03-21-2011, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyTyinFool
Unfortunately, someone is bound to fall for this, somewhere. It's just a sign of the times.

I actually avoided Ebay and Craig's List when I was shopping a year ago. The irony is that I actually found my current beauty on Craig's List. I'm not sure why the dealer didn't use a more "reputable" web site for their marketing, but it all worked out well for everyone in the end.

It's a shame that we have to wade through such BS in our daily lives. Again, it's just a sign of the times. Buyer beware...
I found my previous 2004 4.2 D3 on craigslist (SF/bay area). The dealer was 2 hours away. I also sold that same car later via craigslist. A guy from Denver area used a special service that searches all regional US craigslist listings and found my car. He was looking for a black on black D3 with the right options.

I found my current W12 on an eBay listing and contacted the Chicago dealer directly. I had it independently checked out and made the purchase via phone and mail. Had it shipped out here. The inspection did miss the fact that the parktronics wasn't working. It was fixed right away but I had to eat the cost (one of the sensor wires was pinched, my SA said most likely from the previous owners radar detector install). I've been very happy with the car

Bit of advise to those that go down this path, find a national shipping company. My salesman used a local shop that offered covered shipping. That company then subcontracted with another shipper and the mess turned into a dispute between the dealer, the shipper, and the subcontractor that delayed my car almost two weeks. I had to get my attorney involved. Got the car that same afternoon after he called the shipper but it was still an unpleasant and stressful experience.