A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good ohio dealers for service?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good ohio dealers for service?

Can anyone recommend dealers in Ohio that are very good with A8 service?
Old 06-13-2007, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default In Columbus...

I have had mostly good luck with both dealers (Byers Imports and Midwestern Auto Group).

MAG has a longer wait time to get into and the facility is nicer. I think they charge more than Byers for some things but they have always been very professional.

Byers is closer to where I live so they have been willing to do things like drop my car off at home after service. There service has gotten better since early 2005.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: In Columbus...

Ok. I have an intermittent problem that Mag hasn't been able to help. Maybe I'll try Byers.

thanks
Old 06-13-2007, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Fred Baker in Cleveland (bedford) is pretty good. Stoddard on east side of town (willoughby)
Old 06-14-2007, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default In Cincinnati and Columbus

I use Audi Connection in Cincinnati, and they have always treated me well, and MAG in Columbus is also great.

I actually like MAG better for a dumb reason...they use email. I very often can't answer my phone during the day, so emails are very much a good thing.

The service manager at MAG (Marty) is much more visible and open than the Audi Connection, too, which I appreciate.

John Nowitzki at Audi Connection is great
and
Jason Busack at MAG has been fantastic.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Mike, what's the problem?

Maybe we've seen it before 'round here...
Old 06-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Mike, what's the problem?

I asked earlier, inconsistent throttle response is the best way I can describe it. Seems when it's cold, it takes off like a bat out of hell, when it warms up, it tends to drag, like it's starting in a higher gear or something, but it's not (according to the display). Sometimes it loses power half way through a left turn, like I'd let off the throttle, and I have to give it more to compensate.

It also sometimes refuses to crank until I hit the stop button again (I have the "advanced key" option).
Old 06-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: In Cincinnati and Columbus

Funny your comment about MAG, that's where I bought it and where I've been taking it. It is an intermittent problem, (at least the starting problem is), so that makes it tougher to find, I know.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I've had the keyless problem before

but it would happen when I didn't hold the button down long enough to start it...it gets confused then you have to hit stop, hold your mouth right and try it again.

What year is it?
Old 06-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I've had the keyless problem before

It's an 05 swb. Hitting stop seems to reset it all right, I found that out. When it does it, using the key doesn't work, either, till you hit the stop.

I don't think I'm not pressing it long enough, but sometimes it seems that it depends on where on the button I press makes a difference. I told them I that (myself suspecting that the switch is flaky) but they get stuck on the "no code" thing.

Quick Reply: good ohio dealers for service?