A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone/iOS 4.1 update seems to break Pandora over iPod AMI

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone/iOS 4.1 update seems to break Pandora over iPod AMI

Prior to updating a few hours ago I was able to listen to Pandora over my W12's B&O system via my iPhone 4 connected using the AMI iPod cable.

Specifically, I would plug in the iPhone, select Audi Music Interface in the MMI, upon which it would start playing the first track of the first alphabetical artist, and I would then app switch the iPhone to Pandora which would stop the iPod app and start playing Pandora music over the car's audio system.

After completing the update, I tried the same procedure and now after Pandora audio starts playing, it stops after 4 or 5 seconds and switches back to iPod app audio. This keeps happening no matter how many times I app switch back to Pandora.

Please let me know if you have updated to iOS 4.1 and are experiencing the same issue. I may have to restore from backup if this is a confirmed issue.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Make sure your SHSH's are backed up lol; this would all start into a new forum
Old 09-08-2010, 10:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default False alarm (I hope it stays that way)

False alarm (I hope it stays that way). I force quit the iPhone and after it booted up I tried it again. Lo and behold, Pandora over iPod AMI worked just like before the update.

The iPhone rebooted during and after the update so I didn't think to even try it. "Apple, it just works."
Old 09-08-2010, 11:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I would've updated but it would break my jailbreak. Also the new update is supposed to enhance and add features to the bluetooth music streaming options.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

The track forward and track backward functions now work with the streaming bluetooth. It appears that they've also improved the sound quality. Worthwhile update imho.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ModestW12
False alarm (I hope it stays that way). I force quit the iPhone and after it booted up I tried it again. Lo and behold, Pandora over iPod AMI worked just like before the update.

The iPhone rebooted during and after the update so I didn't think to even try it. "Apple, it just works."
I have the same problem.
i even tried to downgrading my iphone ios but was not sucsesfull.
I rebooted my phone but still the same thing.
Please help.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Iphone Ios 4.1 Update dose not let me listen to pandora

After updating my iphone to ios/4.1 can't play pandora radio over ipod on MMI.
Tried rebooting the iphone still did not help.
I even tried downgrading the ios for hours with no success.

Please Help
Old 09-13-2010, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Pandora problem back

I've been having this problem again over the weekend. I got a PM from another forum member saying they are experiencing it too.

This is not Pandora over bluetooth AMI. I don't have the AMI bluetooth adapter. This is me plugging my iPhone 4 in the AMI iPod cable and switching to Pandora. It will play for 4 seconds and then start playing the iPod app music on it's own.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default This might help

I found this quote in anther forum i am going to try it and if it works i will update.

To play Pandora on your iPhone through the Audi factory iPod adapter you need to attach your iPhone, then select track 6 (this will play all the tracks from your iPod). Then go into the iPod app on your phone (it will say that it in accessory mode or something), next you want to kill the iPod app by holding down the “Sleep/Wake” button until you get the “Power Off” slider now hold down the “Home” button until the app exits, now you can start the Pandora (or any other internet radio app) and listen to the streaming music of your choice.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Realized the same issue tonight as well. Seems Iike 4.1 killed the audio multitasking feature needed to supersede the iPod player. There have been some documented issues with players that connect via USB, so it seems like Apple "screwed the audio pooch" on this version.

Hopefully 4.1.1 will come out soon and rectify the problem.

I will send feedback to Apple on this matter.

Quick Reply: iPhone/iOS 4.1 update seems to break Pandora over iPod AMI