A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it just because I'm a new owner...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it just because I'm a new owner...

The MMI is driving me crazy. I've only had the car 2 weeks it is an 06 SWB and I can't figure out why the radio screen shows stations twice? Am I supposed to program all stations via the memory? I understand the static/dynamic thing? I just don't understand why the stations show up twice and why you have to scroll through a static station to get tone that you put into memory. Also, why can't I select where the air blows. Dash/vents/floor. Every time I go into the setup screen the vent option is non functional? And finally, I can not for the life of me get the homelink to work. Yes, I followed the manual. CRAP! It doesn't work that way. I have LiftMasters on all garage doors. I got the lights to flash 3 times etc. Still doesn't work. I know this is a bunch of questions so any help would be appreciated.

John
Old 05-06-2009, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your MMI should not show 2 of every station, You might want to get that Checked out. Previous stations setup is different from presets or memory.

Previous stations, is when the mmi Groups a station that you listen to for longer than i think 20 or 30 seconds, it puts the stations you listen to most often into a group called previous stations. Now Previous stations can be turned off and On by pressing the setup button on your MMI when in the radio Menu.

Now remember that, when you are in the radio menu of the MMI the presets or memory is the upper left hand button. what ever station you are listening to can be stored when you hit that button.

When the prevoius Stations setup is on you will have to scroll pass your previous stations and depending on where the stations are located, it could seem like they are 2 stations.

But it sounds like your software is pretty old also.

The Climate Control is easy, unless they is simething wrong with it, just hit the button on lower left of the climate control circular ****, you should see different options, up and down arrows, and a rectangle with horizontal slots, the down arrow is to blow air down, the up arrow to blow air up and the rectangle with horizontal slots to blow out mid vents. there should also be different combination of the 3 that you can select from.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 613 Likes on 511 Posts
Default I'll answer garage door one--manual is basically right...

At least the 2006 one. I did it just yesterday when I wiped out my opener head unit memory by mistake, and I have both LiftMaster and Genies input into the car. I got it wrong the first time, but that was because I didn't read on to the final steps about the rolling code where you finally have to press the learning button on the opener head unit and not just hold the working door remote up to the bumper.

By the way, if you don't have the ignition on the whole time, it will never work. Audi often does forget to mention that part in the manual.