A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just did the 'comfort windows/sunroof by remote' mod with VCDS.... BUT

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 12:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Go into the VCDS options for the key settings. You must set the functionality and settings for the programmable keys 1-4 with the matching settings. Search the archives for a post about "me" buying a vag-com cable. In it I did a write up achieving that exact same thing. In mine I actually was able to enable and disable whatever windows I wanted to. For instance I enabled only the front two windows + the sunroof on my 2005 a8 (non onstar).

Good luck, definitely can be done with my writeup.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what it's worth, RoW cars have it standard... I.e. mine opens and closes with windows via key fob - from factory, no VAG needed.

Mines an 04.

Cheers
Old 07-01-2012, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thanks guys,

I'll do some more on this. Interestingly (or not.. ), my car (instrument cluster) is set to ROW anyway, but I don't know if that had the effect of 'programming' the windows as I did the cluster first and didn't try the windows afterwards. I was just so pleased to no longer have 'candles in jam jars' for high beams that I didn't check the windows...

K9
Old 07-01-2012, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default From 65086 to...

I'm not sure what your coding was when you started. That would help.

When I did mine The car was coded ([46] Comfort Systems) to 0065086. I added 64 to activate the feature you're talking about. That brought me to 0065150.

Then I went into Adaptation and selected (added together) the behaviors I wanted. I only set the features that operate with the remote, not the exterior door button or key.

I didn't need to set RoW to get it to work, and there are no settings in the MMI (at least in my '05). I did set RoW during another coding session later in order to get the exterior lamp behavior I wanted.

I also used a spreadsheet to look at the list of individual features that were active originally. That helped me understand what each one was. Given the numbering system used (the ones you add up), only certain combinations of numbers will add up to a specific total. You might note that 256 is missing from the list of Feature ID Numbers.

Hope this helps a little.

Carry on...
Old 07-01-2012, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default For sure...

I think we're in pretty much the same place. I did mine the same as you, but wanted sunroof also. I'm off to try and follow the Brozemeisters method to add in Sr.

Laters, K9

Originally Posted by FlyTyinFool

When I did mine The car was coded ([46] Comfort Systems) to 0065086. I added 64 to activate the feature you're talking about. That brought me to 0065150.

Then I went into Adaptation and selected (added together) the behaviors I wanted. I only set the features that operate with the remote, not the exterior door button or key.

I didn't need to set RoW to get it to work, and there are no settings in the MMI (at least in my '05). I did set RoW during another coding session later in order to get the exterior lamp behavior I wanted.

I also used a spreadsheet to look at the list of individual features that were active originally. That helped me understand what each one was. Given the numbering system used (the ones you add up), only certain combinations of numbers will add up to a specific total. You might note that 256 is missing from the list of Feature ID Numbers.

Carry on...
Old 07-01-2012, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Cured!!

Using Brozee's advice from his 'purchased a Vag-Com' thread, I just went and altered the adaption on module 46, 'adaption', channel 1 (key 1) and enabled sunroof convenience into the total. Good spot by Brozee as it's not all that obvious.

Incidentally, mine was coded the same as yours 0065086 then to 0065150. All works now, so happy camper. Just mustn't stand my coffee cup on the sun roof when opening...

K9

Originally Posted by FlyTyinFool

Carry on...