A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at a 2004 A8L

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there many ACTUAL 2004 A8L owners here ? I mean aside from audiA8Lct. Some reason I can't get away from this car. I've seen several thread about people trading out of their 04 for a newer model. Does any body else agree with audiA8lct that the 04 is obsolete ?

Thanks Again for all of your replies.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Yes and No

YES there are some ACTUAL A8L owners here (prolly more than any other forum, except maybe "A8Parts.com"...
NO I don't agree with any punctuationally-challenged member who tells you the '04s are "obsolete".

No one has asked the most important question!!
What color is it??

And b. Do you love the color??
HTH!
-Tom
P.S. where do you live (fill in yer profile).
Old 08-17-2012, 08:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Northern Blue / Amaretto is the color of the vehicle that I'm looking at.

aTOMic,

Are you a DIY'er ? Do you have any issues finding parts for your car ? I don't mind turning a wrench as a matter of fact I enjoy it.

I'm sure I'll end up buying it. I've got them down to 15K.

Thanks everyone.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 117 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by flg8r90
Are there many ACTUAL 2004 A8L owners here ? I mean aside from audiA8Lct. Some reason I can't get away from this car. I've seen several thread about people trading out of their 04 for a newer model. Does any body else agree with audiA8lct that the 04 is obsolete ?

Thanks Again for all of your replies.
I'm an '04 A8L owner and last time I checked, I'm actual. Bought myine used off of a two year, high mileage lease and have had it for over 6 1/2 years. Came with 56,000 miles on the clock and now has 173k so I put 117k on it so far. I intend to keep it until it has at least 300k miles and maybe 350-400. We'll see. I would do it all over again. Yes, It would be nice if it came with a direct audio input but I like satellite radio so I'm fine with the $20 RF interface. I plan on the replacement vehicle to be a two year old D5 A8L. May get an R8 in the meantime and may get a current bodystyle Beetle as well. Plan to keep this car as it is in no way obsolete for me.

You will enjoy yours, especially for the price. I have basic liability insurance only as I live in a No-Fault state.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by flg8r90
Northern Blue / Amaretto is the color of the vehicle that I'm looking at.

aTOMic,

Are you a DIY'er ? Do you have any issues finding parts for your car ? I don't mind turning a wrench as a matter of fact I enjoy it.

I'm sure I'll end up buying it. I've got them down to 15K.

Thanks everyone.
That changes everything. Go for it. No problem for parts. I am driving 2005 and it is same thing.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
I'm an '04 A8L owner and last time I checked, I'm actual.
Ha ha talk about seeking validation...

flg8r90, As long as you can put up with us wiseasses on here, AW (AudiWorld) is indespensible. Yes I am a DIYer but certain systems on this car are complex beyond my abilities, so I plan to bite the bullet if the need arises... That said, I have not had any problems I could not fix yet (on any car). Knock on wood (head). The dealer here has an amazing stock of common parts, and if you click on "forum sponsors" you will find a couple Audi dealer parts links which have great exploded parts drawings. STFA (Search The Forum Archives) for more info for new/prospective A8 owners.
Northern blue is my favorite A8 color, I love the amaretto inside, too. I hate you. $15k for a babied A8L? Does it have the ventilated seats?? If so I will not ever talk to you again.

Good luck and keep us posted.
-Tom

P.S. I meant to say I am an ACTUAL 2004 A8L owner.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default jeez...

One joke. One damn joke and he still won't let it go...

flg8R90... buy the car dude, all will be well. We'll look after you on AW... if you can put up with the smart-toms on here

K9

p.s. Tom, just kidding buddy, love you really.

Originally Posted by aTOMic*
As long as you can put up with us wiseasses on here, AW (AudiWorld) is indespensible.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Now That's Funny, Thank you for the laugh !

I hate you. $15k for a babied A8L? Does it have the ventilated seats?? If so I will not ever talk to you again.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default And.....

... buy a set of ventilated seats! Trust me, it'll be worth the investment....

K9

[QUOTE=aTOMic* I hate you. $15k for a babied A8L? Does it have the ventilated seats?? If so I will not ever talk to you again.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ha ha talk about seeking validation...

flg8r90, As long as you can put up with us wiseasses on here, AW (AudiWorld) is indespensible. Yes I am a DIYer but certain systems on this car are complex beyond my abilities, so I plan to bite the bullet if the need arises... That said, I have not had any problems I could not fix yet (on any car). Knock on wood (head). The dealer here has an amazing stock of common parts, and if you click on "forum sponsors" you will find a couple Audi dealer parts links which have great exploded parts drawings. STFA (Search The Forum Archives) for more info for new/prospective A8 owners.
Northern blue is my favorite A8 color, I love the amaretto inside, too. I hate you. $15k for a babied A8L? Does it have the ventilated seats?? If so I will not ever talk to you again.

Good luck and keep us posted.
-Tom

P.S. I meant to say I am an ACTUAL 2004 A8L owner.
As an 04 A8L owner, what were options on the cars? I have the ventillated seats in my 04 and each one I looked at had them.

Quick Reply: Looking at a 2004 A8L