A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Massage seat retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Massage seat retrofit

Hey guys,
I have an 04 a8 and managed to get my hands on some seats from an 06. They are identical except for the massage feature which appeared to function stand-alone. After getting everything swapped out and hooked up, everything but the massage seats work!!!! Am I missing something or do I maybe need to use the vag-com to enable? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

You probably already know this but just in case you don't:

I've always seen the A8 seat option with massage being referred to as "massage/ventilated". The option adds a ventilation button on either side of the front climate control cluster. Pressing the ventilation button brings up the ventilation level on the MMI screen.

I know nothing of how they are connected to the rest of the car but perhaps this hints that the car needs to be coded for the new seats.

Granted the massage part is toggeled with a button at the seat positioning area and there is no mention of the massage function anywhere in the MMI.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'd say you at least need coding. I browsed through VCDS yesterday and one of the modules said "sitzbeluftung" and some other stuff so my guess is you at least need to tell the car you now have that option.

Same thing as my trunk motor. Everything hooks up and works as it did pre-installation but the motor itself didn't start until I added the coding for it.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Okay! I have a friend who will be able to tell me what I have for 'sitzbeluftung' tomorrow. I think it stands for ventilated seats which I did already have. I personally do not have vag-com access. Is there a guide anywhere online that has a list of all the the options and codes to use for the vag-com?? He told me I could make it alot easier for him if I can find out the exact code and value I needed to change.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry don't have those codes but if you like I could check my coding if you tell me what module to look up. What are the rims in your avatar btw? Any more pics? They look mighty nice, similar to Vossen or Vertini. Thinking about getting something like that in 22 for next summer.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default pics

I would appreciate it. I have no idea which one it is but if you can see if anything stands out to you. Here are some pics.
Attached Images   
Old 10-06-2010, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Cool, what brand? Those are 22s right? Is it just the pic or is the lip blackened?

That S8 front is great as well! Trying to locate one myself.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default pics

They are 22 inch staggered Asanti Af-128's. I have had them for awhile now. They were all chrome and started to fade after a few years. I had to paint them. Did a gloss black inner/outer lip with silver face. I love the 20's you guys have. Lookin for a set for the winter. I currently have the 19 inch 5-star audi factory wheels. Here is a pic before the repaint.
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2010, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I like the repaint much much better. How's the ride with 22's?
Old 10-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Brozee
I like the repaint much much better. How's the ride with 22's?
Great.. Just make sure you use centering rings and watch out for the potholes!!

Quick Reply: Massage seat retrofit