A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MMI 2G HIDDEN MENU

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Well I've taken the Google Tech Prep...

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
Dammit, it's hidden! You need at least a Senior Member or Tech Guru to even discuss this. Available only thru super top secret NSA access with a Cone of Silence at your location...or maybe from Sony Entertainment's now on line materials courtesy of their Far East friends.

Or, then there's the lowly much lower risk play; but nah, really hidden stuff like this wouldn't be there and you probably don't have the right STFA clearances from the Agency for this anyway: https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
I've gotten this far and they say be weary of your request with hidden menu comes great power... Then a voice laugh and said "Becareful what you wish for"....
Old 12-22-2014, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
I have it, and that one in the screen shot isn't it for std. W12 type RSE (or as offered late on as a pricy option IIRC). Also works by IR to the headrest displays AFAIK, and RSE kind of mostly lives in its own world control wise.
I would say that your missing a remote then, if you look through the link that i posted there is a picture with factory RSE in a W12(UK) where there is the remote you're referring too I think Alpine and the other for MMI both sitting in the armrest.

Might not be an option where you are though.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

What is that remote about? Is it for a really farsighted people who forgot their glasses and have to read the screen from the back seat, or for kids to drive their father crazy while trying to find the right direction?
Old 12-22-2014, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mishar
What is that remote about? Is it for a really farsighted people who forgot their glasses and have to read the screen from the back seat, or for kids to drive their father crazy while trying to find the right direction?
IMO it would be for limo drivers clients to have the ability to turn on, off, change radio etc but your right, in our world it would be kids in the back driving you crazy.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default nothing to do with RSE...

Originally Posted by 1Wasserwerks

Great, now I see a MMI remote! More things to add to the Xmas list. Not that I am ever travelling in the back seat, but when I do.....
Does this come with the rear entertainment package?
the remote MMI was a Euro only option. The part # of the MMI control panel is different than non-remote controlled units. I have managed to aquire the remote on German eBay, but the MMI that will take remote commands has never shown up...but Im ready if it does. I have checked with my man in the parts dept at a dealership in Germany and the price new is over 500 Euros, and as much as I would like that feature I cant bring myself to spend that much. I dont know that it was an Exclusive only option, but when I have seen them its always been on an Exclusive A8; which would explain why they're so scarce on eBay.de