A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MMI 4140 Update Problem Resolved - Dealer has a solution...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good News For MMI Out of Poland!

MP4, it's me the A8 Blues Post! The Blues are Over, but I'm Chiming In regarding the MMI 07-Control Head. I received mine a few days ago from Naviservice (Poland) and sure enough, the moment I plugged it in, My MMI Fired Right Up as if nothing ever happened. They removed Component Protection, pre-programmed it for my Year, Make & Model with my Existing Modules (CD/Nav/etc....) and even threw in a Free S8 Screen Logo or Any One or your Choosing for that matter. They said it would come with Latest SW Version, but I think that it must be Current Update for your Car's Year as my SW Version is only the 27s so I will have to Update to the 33s before moving up to Version 4610. My Online Audi Tech that I often BrainStorm with assures me that 4610 requires no Pre-Updates anymore, but I'm not sure that is Correct Info. Anyway, the Naviservice is a BIG 2 THUMBS UP! Just be patient though, it can take up to 3 weeks to receive the Unit and so that's why my Post went Dead as I decided to to Take The Plung and spend $360. So, for all that have Fried Their MMI Control Head by doing Updates or in my case Voltage Surge, say Goodby to your Dealership's Sticker Shock ($1000+). Ye The Wicked MMI has an Angel and she's Cheap! Laters,

Williebone

P.S. Not sure if this belongs here or in a Post Of Its Own. Just thought it may help readers who have made it over Into The Dark World of MMI Black Screen.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by williebone
MP4, it's me the A8 Blues Post! The Blues are Over, but I'm Chiming In regarding the MMI 07-Control Head. I received mine a few days ago from Naviservice (Poland) and sure enough, the moment I plugged it in, My MMI Fired Right Up as if nothing ever happened. They removed Component Protection, pre-programmed it for my Year, Make & Model with my Existing Modules (CD/Nav/etc....) and even threw in a Free S8 Screen Logo or Any One or your Choosing for that matter. They said it would come with Latest SW Version, but I think that it must be Current Update for your Car's Year as my SW Version is only the 27s so I will have to Update to the 33s before moving up to Version 4610. My Online Audi Tech that I often BrainStorm with assures me that 4610 requires no Pre-Updates anymore, but I'm not sure that is Correct Info. Anyway, the Naviservice is a BIG 2 THUMBS UP! Just be patient though, it can take up to 3 weeks to receive the Unit and so that's why my Post went Dead as I decided to to Take The Plung and spend $360. So, for all that have Fried Their MMI Control Head by doing Updates or in my case Voltage Surge, say Goodby to your Dealership's Sticker Shock ($1000+). Ye The Wicked MMI has an Angel and she's Cheap! Laters,

Williebone

P.S. Not sure if this belongs here or in a Post Of Its Own. Just thought it may help readers who have made it over Into The Dark World of MMI Black Screen.
Someone mentioned using their Replaced MMI Control Head as a Spare and it's funny that I have been Toying with Taking the Dead MMI Module over to my Electronic Guy and letting him have a Go At It. Since I can do that now that I have Both Units, I will let everyone know in a New Thread. Laters,

Williebone
Old 04-15-2010, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 616 Likes on 513 Posts
Default Good result!

As you say, takes some time, but gives folks a more price-rational option, plus some other side benefits.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by williebone

Williebone

I was just about the create a post about how I had great success with NAVISERVICE in Poland as well. I too went with ordering a new Interface off them and it took about a week before it was at my door. here are strangly no reviews of this great company online.

Swapping out the Interface box was a breeze. In the A6 I am sure it is a bit differne than the A8. On the A6 you simply remove the glovebox a total of 5 8mm small bolts, and the interface box is right above the area where the glovebox would be. Unscrew the two torx screws holding it in place, disconnect the 3 wires going to it and swap it out and your back up and running!

Thanks to NAVISERVE in Poland I am back up and running for $1100 less than what the dealer wanted.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:31 AM
hsp
Audiworld Junior Member

Does anybody have contact info for Navistar Poland?
Old 01-18-2011, 11:33 AM
hsp
Audiworld Junior Member

Does anybody have contact info for NaviService Poland?
Old 01-18-2011, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hsp
Does anybody have contact info for NaviService Poland?
I can not find the Link I had, but try this:

http://www.alibaba.com/member/pl102303199.html

http://www.naviservice.com.pl/

They were a Seller on Ebay at the time I Purchased from them. Good luck & laters,

Last edited by williebone; 01-18-2011 at 01:12 PM.