A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car has been in Service for over 2 weeks....

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 04:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car has been in Service for over 2 weeks....

for the 5k service, fixing 2 dead buttons on the MMI, some odd noises coming from various places and a full interior/exterior detail. I was told by my service advisor on thursday that everything was done but they just needed to get some help from Audi to update some software. It is now going on tuesday and I have called my service advisor 2 twice and left messages which have yet to be returned. Now, this service advisor is new and is the first time I've ever dealt with him, normally I deal with a service advisor that was introduced to me when I bought the car. What do you think I should do? Should I call the old advisor, the manager, AoA? I'm at a loss here, I pay 80k to this dealership and their service advisor doesn't even call me back.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The two buttons that died on the MMI didn't happen to be the "CAR" and "RETURN" buttons...?

Those are the two buttons that failed on my MMI. I'm also in to get the front right wheel bearing replaced because of a wobble/vibration that changes with the speed of the car. The Service Writer called me back to say they needed another day with my car because they didn't know about the special tool required for the '04 wheel bearings.

I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow after I pick it up.

-P
Old 05-17-2004, 04:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Actually it was the ">" button and "SETUP"....

the service advisor called me just now and said something about a control module and they're going to try and fix it by tomorrow, which probably means wednesday. that'll mean they've had my car 3 weeks.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The bottom line is that they are learning about our cars

at the same time we are! Contact someone at the dealership with whom you have a working relationship. Hopefully, there is at least one! Im sure all of us have experienced a service writer that had "no idea" or that didnt return a call for whatever reason. You WILL get satisfaction at least thats the feeling I have. Please elaborate on the "odd noises", what they sound like and from where YOU believe that they are coming from.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Well, the vanity mirrors would vibrate loudly....

and there seemed to be a creaking sound coming from the ashtray/cigarette lighter area, which was the worst. Even when driving on a brand new road, I could hear that damned sound. It sounded like I was sitting in an old wooden rocking chair.

Overall though, I do like the dealership and the guys who have handled my car's service (Even if some are slow with calling me back). Most of my frustration comes from the fact that I've been missing my car. As nice as it is to take a break from all the precautions I take to keep my A8 in pristine condition and put miles on a loaner A4, the novelty of it has worn off and I want my big handsome A8 back....
Old 05-17-2004, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default When the ashtray "cover" is up and the lighter/ashtray

is exposed, is the noise louder or the same?
Old 05-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

yeah, and if i remove the ashtray, the noise is still there...
Old 05-17-2004, 08:15 PM

Default Sorry to hear about your situation.

My car has been in service since last Thursday for a few relatively minor issues. Hopefully, I'll pick it up tomorrow. I hate being without it, as pathetic as that sounds.

My greatest pet peeve with dealerships is the lack of communication. I firmly believe that, especially after dropping this much on a car, you should get a call every damn day that your car sits in service. A courtesy "this is where we are in the process" call would do wonders from a PR perspective, especially when those calls are initiated by the dealership instead of the owner waiting for messages to be returned. Thankfully, my dealership is better than most in this area, but it just seems like such a simple thing.

At any rate, I would definitely be calling someone else if I were you... Service Manager, the Salesman, someone...
Old 05-18-2004, 12:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

They drove the car sans the ashtray and still couldnt fix it?
Old 05-18-2004, 04:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I don't know if they've fixed it, but from the sound

of my service advisor everything is fixed except a control module they were waiting for....I'm supposed to pick it up tonite or tomorrow....

Quick Reply: My car has been in Service for over 2 weeks....