A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car vandalized, very depressed and shocked......suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts
Default My car vandalized, very depressed and shocked......suggestions?

Took my 05 in for new front suspension bushings, mechanic said one side had been done previously, but done wrong with the bushings "clocked" to the wrong position. My car is a CPO car with just over 44k miles on it. It's hard to believe all of the things that have needed fixing on this car in the 7k miles I've driven it. But this is another story...

While the car was on the hoist I took the opportunity to scrutinize things. I'm a detail freak and I'm VERY **** about keeping the car pristine. As I was walking around I get to the right rear door. Looking upwards into the lights, I see a bunch of dents in the door!!!!! There are seven of them, with one on the crease that runs just below the window edge. Upon seeing this, I momentarily lost control of myself and yelled out "what the f### happened to my car!!!!" The service guy said they didn't do it, and I believe them. Just a few days ago I washed the car and wiped it down and all was perfect. This car is my pride and joy and I nearly threw up at the sight of this damage. The drive home took about an hour, during which time I said nothing, hardly even breathing, so upset. I would love to find out who the culprit is. The only two places I've parked recently are once at Walmart, and twice at work.

My car is Atlas Gray, and I hope this can be fixed to my satisfaction. Any similar experiences to share? How good was the repair?
Old 01-18-2009, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe I am over thinking things or being a pessamist...but....

-Pissed off Ex?

- Piseed off employee at work? Fire someone?

-Cut off someone on the way to Wal-mart?

7 dents is something deliberate....is it at all possible, that these happened a long while back? If the only way you noticed them was the lighting hitting the car from a vantage point under the door...maybe they have been there the whole time? If they are evident now in normal light on the road....then I digress...and see above...
Old 01-18-2009, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I do see your points, but....

This car gets top notch care. The dents are plainly visible even with all the snow and salt currently on the car - gotta love Michigan winters. The paint isn't chipped or cracked, the dents are smooth like someone did it with their fist or something non-metallic.

I'm very careful while driving NOT to **** anyone off, just to prevent this sort of thing from happening, and I always park miles away from the crowd. As for work, we are in the auto parts supplier industry and yes things are hard with layoffs and all. I have not had any issues with anyone. But it is possible a fellow employee could see the Audi as an excessive luxury and took out their frustrations on the car. I'm keeping my mouth shut and ears open about it...in the hopes that somebody might tip me off...
Old 01-18-2009, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default well, wait till spring to get it fixed......

i know as enthusiasts we like our cars perfect--but there are worse things in life to deal with.

good luck with the repair.

try parking out in egypt (far out in the lots). hazard though depending on area. watch for shady characters.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Do you ever park regularly where there might be something low on the ground on the side where the

damage is? Like a waste can in a parking garage that could dent the car when you parked. This happened to me once in a garage at work.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default well, if the paint is ok AND the dents aren't all the way at the top, a paintless dent guy might...

be able to fix it w/o any paint work. Those big smooth dents are easy for those guys.

You can probably get it looked at if it's still at the dealer.

Bob
Old 01-18-2009, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My guess is it happened at walmart. I learned my lesson

I never go back to walmart. and if I have to I'm taking my beater.

Went to Walmart with the previous LX470 and when I came back 5mins later scratch on the rear passenger door.

Went there with our previous Merc E320 wagon and door ding to the rear driver's side door.

The majority of the people going there do not care about their property let alone other people's property. Not to mention the parking spaces seem smaller than normal and the parking lot looks like LA freeways during rush hour.

Never Again.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I had two dings in my rear door of my RS6 taken out perfectly by a paintless dent guy. It

should come out fine.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Paintless guy worked for my D2 S8...

The Dent Wizard worked on a very substantial dent in my right rear door for about 25 minutes. I know exactly where the dent is/was, but still have to look very carefully to find any trace. If the paint's not cracked and the dents aren't too large, a good paintless guy should be able to make them go away.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Thank You for your support....I'm hoping.....

I hope the dents can be removed via paintless-dent-repair. But several of them are very near the top-rear edge of the door panel, and one of them is on the character line near the door handle. The dents will probably have to be filled and the door repainted....my worst fear. Oh why couldn't the jerk who did this to my car have just knocked out a window glass or something! My car was die-straight, no chips or scratches, damn near perfect. If the car can't be made "right" I'm selling it or trading it in on another one. I probably appear to be overly fussy, but I just can't help it.

Quick Reply: My car vandalized, very depressed and shocked......suggestions?