A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New MMI Module: New Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New MMI Module: New Problems

I just picked my 2007 A8L up from the dealership. After 3 weeks, hey replaced my MMI module and phone module to repair issues I had with the system kicking on in cold weather. On the way home from the dealership, I noticed a whole new set of "issues."
1. I used to be able to control the rear A/C system and rear seat heaters from the front dash controls. that option is gone now.
2. I used to be able to set the interior lighting in the car (there were options for "city", "Highway" and "rear lighting", etc). Those are no longer options.
3. My bluetooth no longer works (unless my phone is plugged into the cradle in the center console). It used to work "wirelessly" as it should. But since the repairs, I have to plug in the phone or it doesn't pair with the car.
Any advice? I'm completely confused by this.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Have you tried simply just restarting your MMI? After getting my tire pressures changed the other day, my tpms values went back to a screen that is pre 10.7 version. So I had the option to enable or disable the system straight from mmi. The battery meter also disappeared but it was enabled in the hidden menu. Very weird fluke thing. Restarted MMI after rechecking and in deselecting the options in the hidden menu. After trial and error with restarting the mmi it went back to normal.

Try restarting first (telephone + **** + upper right select key held in for 3 seconds )
Old 01-02-2013, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome!

I believe that they upgraded your MMI software. You need to go to the Hidden Menu (press Car + Setup for 5 seconds) and turn A/C and lighting control back on. Regarding phone could be setup too, but I am not sure what phone and cradle you have. It is also good if we know where are you and what year is your car.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Thanks. Trying that now

Originally Posted by mishar
Welcome!

I believe that they upgraded your MMI software. You need to go to the Hidden Menu (press Car + Setup for 5 seconds) and turn A/C and lighting control back on. Regarding phone could be setup too, but I am not sure what phone and cradle you have. It is also good if we know where are you and what year is your car.
Im in the US. I have the 2007 A8L 4.2 Quattro. I'm trying the hidden menu thing but car+ setup seems to do nothing on my car. But you are correct. They did update my MMI software and they replaced the phone module along with the MMI module.

I bought the cradle on eBay about a month ago. It's for te iPhone 3G/3GS. I only got it soucouldchrge my iPhone 4 without wires running across the consoleefp. It worked fine before I brought the car to the dealership. Now the phone only works when it's plugged into the cradle.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ecchilds75
Im in the US. I have the 2007 A8L 4.2 Quattro. I'm trying the hidden menu thing but car+ setup seems to do nothing on my car. But you are correct. They did update my MMI software and they replaced the phone module along with the MMI module.

I bought the cradle on eBay about a month ago. It's for te iPhone 3G/3GS. I only got it soucouldchrge my iPhone 4 without wires running across the consoleefp. It worked fine before I brought the car to the dealership. Now the phone only works when it's plugged into the cradle.
if the hidden menu is not comming up you need to activate it through vcds vagcom.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Brozee
Have you tried simply just restarting your MMI? After getting my tire pressures changed the other day, my tpms values went back to a screen that is pre 10.7 version. So I had the option to enable or disable the system straight from mmi. The battery meter also disappeared but it was enabled in the hidden menu. Very weird fluke thing. Restarted MMI after rechecking and in deselecting the options in the hidden menu. After trial and error with restarting the mmi it went back to normal.

Try restarting first (telephone + **** + upper right select key held in for 3 seconds )
Yes. Tried the reset, but it didn't fix either problem. But thanks for the reply and help.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Brozee

Yes. Tried there set, but it didn't fix either problem. But thanks for the reply and help.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ecchilds75

You need Ross-Tech VCDS in order to unlock Hidden Menu. It is a must have tool for these cars.

If I understood you your cradle just charged your phone and the rest was over Bluetooth. Try taking the cradle out.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mishar
You need Ross-Tech VCDS in order to unlock Hidden Menu. It is a must have tool for these cars.

If I understood you your cradle just charged your phone and the rest was over Bluetooth. Try taking the cradle out.
Thanks. I just ordered the cable and it should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully this will resolve the MMI issues. As for the phone/bluetooth, I have removed the cradle and rebooted the system a few times. But the issue persists. sorry for all the typos earlier. iPad typing (not my best work).
Old 01-02-2013, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

And phone works when it is in the cradle? Try another phone. VCDS will help there too.