A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No battery level meter in MMI

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No battery level meter in MMI

For some reason I don't have an option under the car menu for the battery level. Anyone know why this is? My software version is: D3-HU 46.1.0 0805 HW: D3-HU 6346 D2.0
Also is this the most up to date software? Thanks
Old 12-05-2010, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 725 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike141
For some reason I don't have an option under the car menu for the battery level. Anyone know why this is? My software version is: D3-HU 46.1.0 0805 HW: D3-HU 6346 D2.0
The more recent versions eliminated the battery level function. Had it in my '06 A8, but not in the current '08. Others have commented on the loss of this feature upon upgrading software.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Also, my controls for heat/AC don't go through the MMI as described in the manual. Are the supposed to? Is there a way to change this? Sorry new here to the MMI done a lot of searching on this but found nothing. Thanks
Old 12-05-2010, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ReActivate it in VCDS and then in Hidden Menu. Laters,

Originally Posted by derfA8L
The more recent versions eliminated the battery level function. Had it in my '06 A8, but not in the current '08. Others have commented on the loss of this feature upon upgrading software.
Not True! I updated to 4610 and lost it too, but had to ReActivate it in VCDS and in Hidden Menue. Laters,

Also, my controls for heat/AC don't go through the MMI as described in the manual. Are the supposed to? Is there a way to change this? Sorry new here to the MMI done a lot of searching on this but found nothing. Thanks
Are you saying that when you Press Set Up or Change Temp in you in your AC/Heat Controls that nothing appears on the MMI Screen? Laters,
Old 12-05-2010, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes, there is absolutely nothing that goes through the MMI when I control the heat/AC. Everything I do is controlled on that lower climate control panel. Same with the heated seats, vented seats.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, there is absolutely nothing that goes through the MMI when I control the heat/AC. Everything I do is controlled on that lower climate control panel. Same with the heated seats, vented seats.
Someone Posted a Thread on the Board regarding the Software Update done by the Dealership that went wrong. They lost Features and Some Cotrols also! I would start by asking who did your Update and How was it done? I would think that something went wrong and would go back and have it done again if possible. Then again it could be an issue of ReActivating in VCDS and/or Hidden Menue. Good luck and laters,

Last edited by williebone; 12-05-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah just had the update done out of state just prior to purchasing vehicle. How much would Audi charge to fix this, I can't go back to dealership that did the update, it's over 2hrs away.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah just had the update done out of state just prior to purchasing vehicle. How much would Audi charge to fix this, I can't go back to dealership that did the update, it's over 2hrs away.
This could be a Waranty Issue which should be Transferable to the Nearest Dealership I would think. Give it a try and see. Laters,
Old 01-04-2011, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by williebone
Someone Posted a Thread on the Board regarding the Software Update done by the Dealership that went wrong. They lost Features and Some Cotrols also! I would start by asking who did your Update and How was it done? I would think that something went wrong and would go back and have it done again if possible. Then again it could be an issue of ReActivating in VCDS and/or Hidden Menue. Good luck and laters,
Ok car went to dealer this past week for other issues and while there I had them look at the issue with the climate controls not communicating with the MMI. After a bill of $110, I was told that there were numerous faults found, not sure which ones, and that they recommended a software upgrade, but I already have the 4610 software; and on top of that, they were not sure if that would "fix" the problem. The main MMI interface was replaced prior to me buying the car, maybe the tech did not code everything correctly? I was not about to shell out another $250 if they were not sure it would be fixed. So I dont know what to do now, everything works fine, just not through the MMI, the climate controls go through the small climate control panel. They got the battery meter back though.
Anyone near CT with a VAG COM, I'd rather pay you than the dealer, if we can find out what the issue is. Let me know, I'll also supply the beer. Thanks

Last edited by Mike141; 01-04-2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: info
Old 03-13-2011, 11:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok car went to dealer this past week for other issues and while there I had them look at the issue with the climate controls not communicating with the MMI. After a bill of $110, I was told that there were numerous faults found, not sure which ones, and that they recommended a software upgrade, but I already have the 4610 software; and on top of that, they were not sure if that would "fix" the problem. The main MMI interface was replaced prior to me buying the car, maybe the tech did not code everything correctly? I was not about to shell out another $250 if they were not sure it would be fixed. So I dont know what to do now, everything works fine, just not through the MMI, the climate controls go through the small climate control panel. They got the battery meter back though.
Anyone near CT with a VAG COM, I'd rather pay you than the dealer, if we can find out what the issue is. Let me know, I'll also supply the beer. Thanks
Was wondering if you ever had this resolved. I encountered the same issue (no HVAC controls showing in MMI) after my MMI update by dealer. My car is 2011 S4. Thanks.

Quick Reply: No battery level meter in MMI