A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the problem with Audis in north america

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part of the problem is that we(USA) are third in line for everything

I've been dealing with Audi for over 6 years and there is one thing that you have to get used too. When dealing with Audi, things can change at any time. Specifically with the ameretto/sycamore wood wheel combo, initially you could not order the wood wheel with ameretto because of the shortage of wood wheels. The salesman was incorrect to assume you would get the paddles but with Audi you never know. Eventually it was available but it did not sit well with a lot of customers that originally wanted it. Currently there is a shortage on rear cameras for the 2007 models so whoever places an order for a A6,A8 or Q7 today and wants the rear camera, you wont get it til around holloween. The other side of the coind seems that most people don't want to wait 90+ days for a new car. I try to steer my customers in that direction (because it is the best way) but it's not that easy. This is why you have so many packages to make it easier to seel cars from stock rather than having to sell everything as a special order.

On the whole they are getting better but I think the answer is to have more special order items, especially for the upper end cars that draw the more discerning clients.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Ordering A 2007

The pricing for the 2007's haven't even been released yet eventhough I have customers that have ordered them and they are already hitting the port.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: I have found that MANY Audi salespersons have no idea

So what is the word on you buying the new LS460h or LS460h L, greenie?
Old 06-15-2006, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I will look at the LS460 but the Aston Martin Rapide` has my attention

with LOW expectations!
Old 06-15-2006, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default In my opinion, the answer lies somewhere between better customer service

and a MUCH better relationship between Audi and its dealerships! Until then, Im out.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It takes at least a cord of wood to manufacture an "advocate"

so you do the math. They ran short!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 11:38 AM

yup the writer of that article get's it right on.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You can get the individual rear seats on a 4.2....

It's expensive and takes a while to get it processed. I know of 3 in the US that were done.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Have we coined the word "badvocate" here yet?
Old 06-16-2006, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Re: the problem with Audis in north america

Delivery experience. Just picked up my 2006 A8. Light silver, amaretto, premium package, wood wheel and shifter. Best car ever. Custom order with 3 month wait. Stopped in at dealer one month ago to check on delivery date and tell them that I do not want the front licence plate frame installed on the car. No problem I was told. Yesterday of course my new car is proudly advertising the dealership with a front plate and frame. Not happy, but I can deal with it because the car is so unbelievably nice. However, they can't seem to find the factory filler panel, and don't have any in stock because of the parking sensors. Will have to wait for a special order. Next step is having to inital every dealer add on that I don't want. They tried to sell me the paint protection, rustproofing, leather protection, extended warranty, you name it and they tried to sell it to me. Next I was forced to fill out a credit application even though I was paying cash for the car. The final insult was when I was to write the check for the car they had no record of the $1000 deposit I put down. When I produced my paperwork showing the balance to be $1000 less than their figures along with a credit card receit they were so sorry. Like they make $1000 mistakes in the customers favor all the time.
Thanks for the opportunity to vent. Thanks for all the great info on this board. I'll be looking to upgrade wheels when my blood pressure comes down.

Quick Reply: the problem with Audis in north america