A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reset air suspension after sitting for a while?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dvs_dave
Park the car overnight in jack mode to disable the auto leveling. In the morning it will hopefully have sunk on one corner, one end, or on all sides. This will give you a very good clue as to where the leak is.
Heh I don't have to do it overnight. With jacking mode on, as soon as i turn the car off the front left starts dropping.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

i helped a friend with a bad left strut i got 1 from mercedes master tech theres in florida for a rebuild strut 525 with lifetime warranty ... they also have listing on ebay but i called them directly to save even more

good luck and if it has a leak i say dont drive as your pump will go out which is another 7 to 800
Old 03-27-2014, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dildildil
i helped a friend with a bad left strut i got 1 from mercedes master tech theres in florida for a rebuild strut 525 with lifetime warranty ... they also have listing on ebay but i called them directly to save even more

good luck and if it has a leak i say dont drive as your pump will go out which is another 7 to 800
Yeah saw that company, will be giving them a call once I check where it's leaking. Have 2 cars, no need to drive mine for the time being.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is it normal for the car to auto-level, when parked on a slope?

When I park my car in my driveway that slopes, after about a day I notice my car sitting with the rear lowered, as of to maintain a level body, is this the case? Or should I suspect a leak?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New WABCO pump from Mercedes Master Tech is about $500 if you return your core.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 230 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by everwake
Is it normal for the car to auto-level, when parked on a slope?

When I park my car in my driveway that slopes, after about a day I notice my car sitting with the rear lowered, as of to maintain a level body, is this the case? Or should I suspect a leak?
Auto leveling is a slightly misleading description. A better description of what it actually does is auto ride height leveling. I.e the suspension has ride height targets for front and rear axles that it tries to achieve (or an average across an axle if one wheel up on a curb for example).

It doesn't try to level the body "in space" otherwise parking the car on a slope would result in it doing crazy things.

So what I'm saying is, yes you probably have a leak if it's *** is on the ground after you've left it for a while. Try the jacking mode trick to see if that helps identify where the issue is.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

+1

In addition, if there is a leak it would go down on the leveled surface too.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mishar
+1

In addition, if there is a leak it would go down on the leveled surface too.
I Will Have to park it overnight on level ground to see if that is the case, bought the car last week with warranty and the compressor was recently changed, abit surprising if there is a leak and they didn't fix it when changing compressor.

Edit: what's the Jack mode trick? Did not find anything when I searched

Last edited by everwake; 04-01-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Look in owners manual

Originally Posted by everwake
I Will Have to park it overnight on level ground to see if that is the case, bought the car last week with warranty and the compressor was recently changed, abit surprising if there is a leak and they didn't fix it when changing compressor.

Edit: what's the Jack mode trick? Did not find anything when I searched
Pull car up in MMI and sroll (flip) to jacking mode. Turns off the ride height adjustment. Should show a leaking tire quickly. Look for a bad connection from control valve to leaking shock. Line and fittings is cheap. Shock is 550 - 700 rebuild and 1500 OEM from Audi.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Another option

There is a seller on eBay selling new aftermarket shocks for the D3 model.
The shocks look correct, the price is 950/pair. They are cheaper than the remanufactured Audi shocks. But spending close to 1000.00 on an unknown is scary. These are most likely Chinese knockoffs.
The seller is Am-Motorsports. They sell a lot of stuff on eBay. Couple thousand items each month. Never dealt with them personally.

Quick Reply: Reset air suspension after sitting for a while?