A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

retro ski bag

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default retro ski bag

Just brought 2006 A8 and found ski bag on ebay that I brought.
Anyone have info on installing it? Saw diagram on removing seat back but do I need to remove it to install??
Old 02-02-2013, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by parkrog2
Just brought 2006 A8 and found ski bag on ebay that I brought.
Anyone have info on installing it? Saw diagram on removing seat back but do I need to remove it to install??
If you do figure out how to install it, please let us know. It seems ski bags are less common on A8, unlike the A6's and A4's.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Do you guys have that passage or you have to cut that first?

Ski bags should be very cheap (~$50) at dealers because they are on sale for quite some time.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Having just removed the back seat from my 2004 A8L without the ski-bag option (see "Help!-Locked out of trunk" recent post) fitting the bag won't be difficult, but neither is taking out the seat which will give you more room to do everything.

With regards to necessary mods, behind the rear armrest is a flap of leather that simply pulls out - it is not stitched or clipped to anything. Behind that is a piece of rubber/foam type material, again not attached to anything, and behind that is the "port" for the opening which is a rectangular piece of plastic that clips into the trunk frame.

Behind this is a piece of foam that runs almost the width of the rear seat. You will need to cut this with a sharp blade. Do the left and right side and the bottom and you will create a "flap" that should tuck neatly back into place when you are not using the ski bag.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Its easy, don't need to remove seat!!!

With regards to necessary mods, behind the rear armrest is a flap of leather that simply pulls out - it is not stitched or clipped to anything. Behind that is a piece of rubber/foam type material, again not attached to anything, and behind that is the "port" for the opening which is a rectangular piece of plastic that clips into the trunk frame.

Behind this is a piece of foam that runs almost the width of the rear seat. You will need to cut this with a sharp blade. Do the left and right side and the bottom and you will create a "flap" that should tuck neatly back into place when you are not using the ski bag.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

It was very very easy, as stated, just pulled out out material and padding and plastic cover piece came right out. I marked trunk material with matker from inside and took it out to make perfect cut.(not necessary) Ski frame just snapped in place with a little push on each side; then inner frame just snapped in too. I love audi. Ski bag I got matches my interior and only cost $125.00. Only tool needed was something to cut trunk material!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

I need to do this.....
Old 02-04-2013, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Did you folks get the bag itself and mounting rings from the dealer? If so, cost and part #'s would be appreciated!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got Ski bag used out of Denver. Other parts on ebay.
Has Ebay store-- http://stores.ebay.com/europeanautoparts
Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by parkrog2
Got Ski bag used out of Denver. Other parts on ebay.
Has Ebay store-- http://stores.ebay.com/europeanautoparts
How convenient that I'm in Denver as well!!!

Thanks for this!!!!
Old 01-15-2015, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry for bumping the thread but I am curious if you guys have any pictures of the install? Also, any ideas about how many pairs of skiis can one get though the hatch? I have found that 84" pieces can be passed through the hatch.

Can the install be similar to the Phaetons?
VWVortex.com - okay....so how do you get the ski bag folded back in?

Last edited by blankhopp; 01-15-2015 at 03:04 AM.

Quick Reply: retro ski bag