A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rougue headlight washer jet

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

You probably can, but it would be the light fuse.

Why don`t you take the bumper off and check what`s wrongly connected.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mishar
You probably can, but it would be the light fuse.

Why don`t you take the bumper off and check what`s wrongly connected.
HI Did , but there is nothing obvious .. the washer electrical connector doesnt fit anywhere else so it doesnt makes any sense
Old 11-17-2012, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Try headlight spray and watch which light is coming on. I bet you that side marker is coming on instead headlight sprayer. Your guy mixed those two close harnesses.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If replacment is really the only option and you dont care I would just acess the washer pump for the headlight washer and unplug it. Then force that little bastard back down. Worst remove bumper, remove washer unit, dismantle and see wtf
Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

ok ... but it appears that there is a fuse for the washer & I would have thought that removing it should do the trick .. but oh no !!!! it still comes up wtf
Old 11-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default CHECK THE WIRING ....

as Mishar has said.
one would think that by removing the fuse for said washer and it still operates, It must be wired into the lighting as in the marker light on the bumper or something to do with lighting...

Does it come on with parking lights only, or when you move from parking to headlight, or have you not tried that ?
Try parking lights only then fog then headlights.

Did you pull and hold the washer stalk while someone else checked to see which light or lights came on, Please do this and report back.

Also, are all lights function properly ?

Maybe your guy did some splicing with butt connectors and it is wired wrong, it may look right as to the connector ends, but wired wrong in the harness.......

Originally Posted by jmartign
OK ... but it appears that there is a fuse for the washer & I would have thought that removing it should do the trick .. but oh no !!!! it still comes up wtf

Last edited by JohnnyJ A6Q; 11-19-2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: ideas
Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyJ A6Q
as Mishar has said.
one would think that by removing the fuse for said washer and it still operates, It must be wired into the lighting as in the marker light on the bumper or something to do with lighting...

Does it come on with parking lights only, or when you move from parking to headlight, or have you not tried that ?
Try parking lights only then fog then headlights.

Did you pull and hold the washer stalk while someone else checked to see which light or lights came on, Please do this and report back.

Also, are all lights function properly ?

Maybe your guy did some splicing with butt connectors and it is wired wrong, it may look right as to the connector ends, but wired wrong in the harness.......
Well when I removed fuse & it didnt seem to have an effect , I presumed either (1) wrong fuse - but no its correct fuse or (2) maybe the fuse is for some other part of washer system not for washer jet - cant find info on this. NOW THE JET is supposed to 'arise' when lights on and I wash windscreen. it takes only second condition to trigger. I check all other lights to see what happens if I explicitly try to just have washer jet work, thinking some other light like marker would go on (as mishear suggested), bit no other response when I try to invoke washer jet,

So I think that as JohnnyJ said I think my guy didnt some incorrect splicing so I guess the core question relates to (2) above ... can anyone confirm if there is a fuse dedicated to the washers as my only practical cost effective course of action is to disable either by fuse or just unplug (removing front bumper arrrgggggg)
Old 11-20-2012, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Man, check your logic. If it is on some special sprayer fuse it wouldn't come out with lights. If it is out with lights it must be on a light fuse.

You said you checked corner lights while actuating washers. Was the other washer out and spraying?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

it comes out if I ONLY turn on headlights (HALF THE NORMALLY REQUIRED ACTION)..... my question was trying to confirm if there was supposed to be a fuse dedicated to the washer
Old 11-20-2012, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It was clear what happens when you turn on lights from the first post. It's not clear what happens when you actuate headlights sprayer with windshield washer.

Quick Reply: rougue headlight washer jet