A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rougue headlight washer jet

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default me confused

Hello, are you stating that you did indeed pull and hold the washer stalk and no lights came on, also are you stating that all and I mean all lights are functioning properly as they should, and that when this malfunction occurs it is only the left (driver side USA) side washer that comes up and stays up, also dose it spray non stop, or it it just popping up and staying up as long as the headlights are on, If ALL lights are in working order then you may have a situation were wiring is sending hot lead to the jet from headlight as in a pinched wire, I can only assume this is the same side that had prior damage...

This is in no means to be rude to you, But instead of trying to jerry rig it by pulling fuses or unplugging this or that, either you pull the belly Pan and see what you can or bite the bullet and pull the bumper and get it fixed right, one day you may need that washer jet in a emergency, BETTER YET bring it back to your fixer and say do your job right!

Edit for a thought, Maybe your guy won't fix it, why I don't know, or maybe you are not mechanically inclined and need help from someone near you, instead pulling your hair out trying to get your head around this, as you seem hell bent on just pulling a fuse.....

So where are you located ?
Let's see if someone can help you.

Originally Posted by mishar
It was clear what happens when you turn on lights from the first post. It's not clear what happens when you actuate headlights sprayer with windshield washer.

Last edited by JohnnyJ A6Q; 11-20-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: thought
Old 11-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well I am in boston ,, I have already had the bumper off myself twice trying to see if there is anything obvious, but there is not. WHen I actuate the sprayer they work as expected ( the left is already out though under any testing scenario - lights on first) and there is no unexpected behavior ... so I just dont know what to say . driving around with a sprayer jet out is really starting to P..... me off
Old 11-20-2012, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Try another testing scenario, one person operates commands and the other watches what happens, than: lights off + washer on.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

to all those who give thanks .. happy thanks giving.

So I am going to have to get my hands very dirty here as nothing obvious in testing .. so to point .. just pick up bentley thinking it would be helpful (have ekta & elsawin already) anyway the wiring diagrams are as clear as mud.
Anyone have any suggestion ?

-J
Old 11-25-2012, 06:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

SO I think I have figured out what is going on.. when I go into VCDS and look at the coding, there is no option to select dual halogen with headlight washer, so it seems that somehow the mechanic has removed the headlight washer (coded wrong) I am guessing, so when lights come on the jet comes up as system doesnt know any better. I cannot see however how to add the washer jets back as an installed option through VCDS & then recode the headlights .... thanks for any help
Old 11-25-2012, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

You said that only one sprayer is popping out with lights. Do you expect to have separate software settings for left and right sprayer? And if it is dimmed how do you think your mechanic changed anything there? I think you are just wasting your time instead of trying some logical ways to fix the problem.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

already gone down all the other logical paths looked at wiring etc and testing. no resolution. There are coding options that turn on only passenger side lighting. Coding doesn't recognize the washers & I think that are linked, its the last stop b4 dealer
Old 08-26-2015, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartign
SO I think I have figured out what is going on.. when I go into VCDS and look at the coding,
Which block ? So in generally is possible to disable them ?